Felt like some chicken

Started by OU812, August 26, 2009, 03:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

All this talk about smoked chicken made me dig some out of the freezer Mon night, Tue night through it in a quick brine and Wed morn rinsed them in cold running water, rinsed again then when i thought they were free of salt i rinsed again. Then patted dry and put in the fridge till wed night. Here they are injected with some butter and a coating of butter mixed with some of my rub and getting a quick dry wile the smoker is coming up to 280 F

Through them in the smoker set the temp to 250 F 2 hr Alder and vent wide open. 3 hr later they were ready to eat

One of these days i will remember to get pictures on the plate, once its time to eat i totally forget about the picture thing, im only thinking about the bounty in front of me  ::)
Did i happen to mention that i like butter  ;D

Tenpoint5

OU Looks like some good looking yardbird you got there.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Nice!  Is that 1/2 a chicken?  Or rather, is that a chicken halved?

wiens4x4

OU  I like that rack that you have. Good idea

mikecorn.1

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 26, 2009, 04:30:41 PM

I think you're right, its a chicken thats been halved.  ;D Looks mighty good.
Mike

westexasmoker

About the best way to do chicken, IMO, cut the backbone out and split down the breast!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

HawkeyeSmokes

Chicken looks great there OU812. Bet your daughter was happy to get some of that pink chicken!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

OU812

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 26, 2009, 04:30:41 PM

Its a whole chicken cut in half. If you cut out the back bone and the breast bone they cook and freeze better. I raise my own these broilers are about ready to get butchered. 25 is a bit much for me to do at one time so i have someone else do it.

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on August 26, 2009, 06:45:58 PM
Chicken looks great there OU812. Bet your daughter was happy to get some of that pink chicken!  ;D

You got that right she loves chicken but cured chicken the most.

Hopefull Romantic

I am so glad that Brigitte Bardeau (French actress / animal rights activist) is not a member in this group.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

seemore

rdevous

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 27, 2009, 04:11:18 PM
I am so glad that Brigitte Bardeau (French actress / animal rights activist) is not a member in this group.

HR

Bridgette Bardot.....now there's an old bird.............I lusted after her in my teens................ ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: rdevous on September 01, 2009, 12:06:21 AM
Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 27, 2009, 04:11:18 PM

HR

Bridgette Bardot.....now there's an old bird.............I lusted after her in my teens................ ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ray

I had her photos plastered all over the ceiling above my bed.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caneyscud

For a minute there I thought you were talking about Adrienne Barbeau!  I hope she is not an animal right's activist!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

rdevous

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 01, 2009, 03:15:17 AM

I had her photos plastered all over the ceiling above my bed.

HR

No comment...TMI.......LOL

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!