1/2 a brisket

Started by squirtthecat, August 27, 2009, 11:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I was at the store down from my office looking for a brisket...  They only had the full ones in the cryopak (sp?), so the guy chopped it right down the middle for me.    Those meat guys are getting to know me, quickly.

This will be my first try with a brisket, more of an experiment. (albeit an expensive one)

Background:  I'm donating a 'smoked meat package' for my wife's parochial school charity auction.  Ribs/turkey breast/pulled pork and maybe a brisket, if I can do it right.  Not sure on the quantities, going to advertise it as 'enough for 16 adults' - I will find that catering spreadsheet that someone in another thread linked to.  If all goes right, friends of ours will bid on it and we'll end up eating it at party at our house anyway.  (Win/Win)

Any tips/tricks/favorites/gotchas?   I'll head over to the recipe site tonight, I heard WTS has an awesome brisket procedure/recipe.  

FYI, it will go the whole time in the Bradley.  I'll take the appropriate precautions w/ the water bowl and extra drip tray.

mikecorn.1

Keep them pics coming.  ;D
Mike