Hunting and Fishing Pics---Post them here!

Started by Caribou, August 28, 2009, 05:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Hi Everyone!
With summer down to it's last month and hunting season starting soon, I thought it might be fun to start a thread for forum members to post their hunting and fishing pics.
Next to pics of our kids and dogs I know we love to share our successes hunting and fishing so post some pics, old or new, and a story that goes along with it.
Thanks!
Carolyn

Caribou

That's what I'm talking about!
Nice deer and cool muzzleloader big John :)
I'm going to get a pic posted, too!
Carolyn

BigJohnT

Thanks Caribou.

I like the Electra it shoots sweet and I don't have to mess with primers.

Did you like my deer stand?

John

Caribou

:D :D :D
Do you mean the chairs in your truck?
Looks like my " duck blind" minus the truck!
Here's my daughter with the little buck I got last season.
I thought it was bigger than it was but it did have 4 points on each antlers :D
My hubby gave me a tough time because we saw a huge buck later that afternoon!

Carolyn

justpete

Congrats on your deer.
Love the pictures.

Peter

BigJohnT

Yea, we drive out to a field and park behind a big briar patch and sit in the lawn chairs and wait for a tasty looking doe to come by...

John

squirtthecat

Lawn chairs + cooler = Missouri Tree Stand.

Nice looking deer...   I'm sure he made friends with the Bradley!

BigJohnT

Yep, part of her will get to meet the Bradley soon.

You can tell I'm a die hard hunter  ;D If I have to get up before daylight to go outside it is too early.

John

BigJohnT

And the wife with her deer.

She gets up early in the morning and climbs up in a tree stand and shoots them from 100 yards...

John

Tenpoint5

Quote from: BigJohnT on August 28, 2009, 09:43:19 AM
She gets up early in the morning and climbs up in a tree stand and shoots them from 100 yards...
John

Let that be a lesson to you Big John !!! better keep your ducks in a row!!! Momma be picken em off if you aint
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BigJohnT

She is a dam good shot and has more camo than I do  :o

John

OU812

Thats a good looking harvest everyone, we had a good hunt last year. With every tag we got a bonus of one anterless deer. Thats 2 for the price of one  ;D
This is the one i shot during high power

This is the one my son shot during high power

Didnt get any pictures of the does during high power or anything during muzzleloader season but between the 2 of us we put 6 in the freezer from the 2008 season

Caribou

Nice bucks Ou812!
I wish we had a tag deal like that.  It's just the opposite here in Northern Idaho, our general deer season is the same as usual with the exception that now we only have one week where you can take does.
It used to be that you could fill your tag with either a doe or buck but we've had so much snow the last two winters they are trying to let the deer recover a little.
Here's the head of my hubby's deer from the last season, it's just the head and the skin attached so it looks a little odd.

Carolyn

danattherock

Here are a few from Alaska. My wife and I float remote rivers up there each summer/fall. Usually 7-13 days at a time, bush plane drop off about 80+ miles from nearest town. Arctic NW Alaska is one of our favorite areas. These are pics of dolly varden, a close (very close) cousin to arctic char. Many, even in Alaska, call dollies arctic char.

Chum salmon...

Silver salmon....

Link to more assorted pics from our float trips for anyone interested...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21144083@N02/sets/72157603727567944/show/

"The wilderness holds answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask"