Hunting and Fishing Pics---Post them here!

Started by Caribou, August 28, 2009, 05:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossP

Not muddy at all. Lots of guys out in the nicer weather. One of Abbotsfords
best kept secrets. Once it heats up the big guys go to the deep part of the lake.
On a sunny day you will get 6-10 tubes and boats on the lake as well as about
2 dozen shore fishers.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Gizmo

Looking forward to March 27th.  Did a little advanced scouting Saturday.  Looking good.

Saw 3 scratching up the dirt in the upper left corner where the lighter colored grassy area is.  One had a 5 - 6 inch beard from what I could see at that distance.

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tenpoint5

Gobble Gobble Gobble Giz Been thinking about giving that a shot myself this year. I see birds all around my deer stand. Getting permission to hunt shouldn't be a problem. Mom owns the land.

On a side note How many Turkey hunters do we have on the forum? Maybe we can have a friendly B&S (Beard and Spur) contest.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

I've got one under my belt. It's a little pricey to hunt them over here, between the tag, license, and travel expenses, I'm far better off spending $100 in groceries and getting a free one.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KevinG on March 15, 2010, 11:22:27 AM
I've got one under my belt. It's a little pricey to hunt them over here, between the tag, license, and travel expenses, I'm far better off spending $100 in groceries and getting a free one.
What's the fun in that?

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

Hey, it's hard to shoot those things when they're frozen like that. The shot goes all over the store.

aces-n-eights

Quote from: KevinG on March 15, 2010, 11:22:27 AM

Oh, man you never want to do the math on how much a hunt costs... ;D
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

KevinG

Yea, I guess your right. Deer probably isn't too much cheaper.

Tenpoint5

The first one is the really expensive one, everything after that isn't so bad.

KevinG

My first deer (off the top of my head) was $50 tag, $60 license, $200 gas, $800 mount, $30,000 4wd truck, $10,000 gear. So roughly $41,110. Yep, your right - don't try to figure it out.

ronbeaux

Here is my $2000.00 trout. 5lbs.  Just got back from Port Mansfiled Texas on a guided fishing trip. The water looked exactly like chocolat milk and this was the only fish that made it to the ice chest, including the Guide. The fishing was the worst we have had in 15 years. But we still managed to have fun.

Some pics.

Which way would you head????

50mph in a flat boat.

A deer in every yard???

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Caribou

Great pics Ronbeaux!
Looks like you had a great time even though the fish didn't cooperate  :)

Gizmo,
I think the turkey you were tracking ended up on my front porch  :D

Carolyn

Gizmo

Caribou, now that is a decoy... live can't get any better than that.  Wait, that is a male, well, maybe a decoy to get the dominant male to come in.   :D  Bet you can't till the shot is from a 12 gauge and not a 35mm.   ;D  ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Caribou

Gizmo,
I'm like you, counting down the days but our season doesn't start til 4/15.  :'(
Carolyn