New 6 rack

Started by BBQdDude, August 28, 2009, 06:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBQdDude

Hi,

New to the forum but not smoking. Just sold my BGE and pulled the trigger on a new digital 6 rack. Ordered the cover and two packs of pucks. Already have a digital remote thermometer. I ended up getting it shipped ground :( so now the wait begins. Once in I plan on seasoning it and doing some baby back and ABTs for the first smoke.

So I have used an off set, barrel, propane, gas and now electric.

Take care,

Brian

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there Dude and welcome tgo the Bradley family.

There are great folks here who are eager to help so no question is silly and just ask away.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum BBQdDude!

It sounds like you have it together.

One other item you will probably want is a couple or three "bubba pucks" - These are aluminum bisquettes that serve to push the last pucks off the burner.

If you click on the ribs at the bottom of this post it will take you to our recipe/faq site. the FAQ's are in the "time tested and proven recipies" area.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Welcome to the fun

Now forget everything you no about those other smokers  ;D

You will never use then again, I had all three b4 I got my Bradley and now they are at other places and all I use is the Bradley.

Maybe its because the electric is so user friendly or because the kids are grown and moved out, well all but one, and I dont have so many mouths to feed.  ::)

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum DUDE. Lots of great folks here. Ribs and ABTs. Two of my favorites. Make sure and visit the sites below.
Mike

mikeradio

Welcome  BBQdDUde

Cheers

Mike

bbqjourney

Welcome!  Please keep us up to date on how the Bradley compares to the others once you get it up and running.

BBQdDude

Bubba pucks ordered just now :)...TY for the heads up on that.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :) .

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome to the forum Brian. I'd recommend the tutorial from 10.5 on those ribs. It works great. Here's a link to it.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=581
And ABT's are always good. Have fun with it and keep us posted.
HawkeyeSmokes

squirtthecat

Welcome!

Dang, I'm looking for a good used BGE.  "Recession era priced to sell" kind of deal.

I see Harleys, PWCs and Vettes on every other corner "for sale make offer!", but not one BGE.

pkcdirect

Welcome Brian, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

BBQdDude

Well broke it in last weekend with a rack of ribs, corn, baked beans and ABTs. I didn't realize I was smoking LOL. Nice unit no issues. All was devoured. Had to get 0ty to get the last ABT. I have to get one at least LOL.

Take care,

Brian

OU812

You no its good when its all devoured and you have to throw down to get some

Glad every thing turned out the way you wanted

Keep the smoke rolling

Hopefull Romantic

Hey Brian and glad to hear your first smoke went well and as OU812 put it; "You know its good when its all devoured" (did not mean to correct you typo OU  ::))

Just a thought, in any partnership when one of the partners is the managing director, he get around 10% right off the top and then the rest is divided among all the partners including the MD. Maybe you should try that next time you smoke for your family or friends.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

HR

So thats how you spell that word  ;D