Hopefull Romantic Question for You

Started by jjesq99, August 28, 2009, 10:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjesq99

Did you try the charcoal trick to get the pink smoke ring yet?

thanks in advance.

Hopefull Romantic

Hey jjesq99,

yes I have tried the charcoal trick and did get a fainted ping smoke ring in the process. My problem at the time was that I forgot to put the charcoal since the beginning and did not keep an eye on it, Nevertheless, there was a pink smoke ring quite obvious which do not occur the few times before and without the charcoal.

That night I had 16 guys for dinner and just lost track of every think, almost.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

jjesq99

HR:

Excellent, thank you.  Some follow ups, if I may:

How much charcoal did you use?
What kind (the self lighting, etc.) did you use?
Finally, where exactly did you put it in the OBS?

thanks again; looking forward to trying it myself.

jj

Hopefull Romantic

JJ,

I have used two good size charcoals (about third fist size) that I lit in a charcoal chimney. I placed them on the very bottom of the smoker next to the water bowl in a home made heavy duty foil plate. I would imagine had I paid more attention to that (and there was less Jack Daniels around) I would have added at least another patch half way through the smoke and would have gotten a very decent smoke ring.

I would be very interested in your outcome. I have the pics to prove it myself, but when I tried to down load the pics onto my computer, it turned out that my wife's camera chip was infected with a virus called sality. aa which gave me a a jolty scare for a few hours until I could get rid of it. Now all those pics I have can not be downloaded and I have to fogure out another way to do so.

HR

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 29, 2009, 11:32:36 AM
JJ,

I have used two good size charcoals (about third fist size) that I lit in a charcoal chimney. I placed them on the very bottom of the smoker next to the water bowl in a home made heavy duty foil plate. I would imagine had I paid more attention to that (and there was less Jack Daniels around) I would have added at least another patch half way through the smoke and would have gotten a very decent smoke ring.

I would be very interested in your outcome. I have the pics to prove it myself, but when I tried to down load the pics onto my computer, it turned out that my wife's camera chip was infected with a virus called sality. aa which gave me a a jolty scare for a few hours until I could get rid of it. Now all those pics I have can not be downloaded and I have to fogure out another way to do so.

HR
HR, here is the solution,  SMOKE SOME MO STUFF and take more pics. Then post them.  ;D
Mike

Hopefull Romantic

Will do soon and will post pics.

I just need to get my business trip out of the way and then it is smoke galore as I start my vacation.

HR

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 29, 2009, 02:38:42 PM
Will do soon and will post pics.

I just need to get my business trip out of the way and then it is smoke galore as I start my vacation.

HR
ONe of my favorite words in the dictionary.  VACATION.  ;D
Mike