Extenttion cord for adaptor

Started by georgeamer, August 29, 2009, 06:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgeamer

Where can I get a longer power cord for my Bradley smokebox?
With the cold smoke adapter installed, the supplied power cord will not reach the smokebox..
George

Hopefull Romantic

You can find that cord at any computer supply store. I recommend that you take what is supplied with the smoker and make sure they give you a similar but longer one.

You know I believe that Bradley has intentionally made a short cord between the smoke generator and the tower. When you install the Cold smoke box, you are supposed to disconnected the tower from the generator anyway to prevent it from turning the tower heat on accidentally. However, the sensor wire that runs between the two is also too short and the smoke generator will show an E 1 fault and would not come on if the sensor is disconnected. If you connect the cold smoke box to the tower, you would have to maneuver it side ways so that you keep the sensor wire connected.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KyNola

H R,
The cold smoke adapter comes with a plug that goes in the smoke generator in place of the sensor connector cord so that the smoke generator operates normally with no E1 error showing so there is no reason to have to set the cold smoke adapter sideways.

KyNola

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello George

Unfortunately Bradley does not make a longer jumper cord or a longer sensor cable (for digital smokers) to connect the generator to the tower when the cold smoke
box is being used.

As HR has stated you should be able to find it at a computer supply store or do a search online.

Here are the types of plugs they are this will help in your search

Brian

BigJohnT

You can order  3'3" one from McMaster-Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Part Number 71535K59

John

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KyNola on August 29, 2009, 07:30:16 AM
H R,
The cold smoke adapter comes with a plug that goes in the smoke generator in place of the sensor connector cord so that the smoke generator operates normally with no E1 error showing so there is no reason to have to set the cold smoke adapter sideways.

KyNola

Ky,

strike this for old age or poor eye sight but I have looked at my cold smoke adaptor; front and back, up and down and sideways and could not find a sensor plug on the adaptor. Can you a bit more specific.

HR

georgeamer

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 29, 2009, 11:18:28 AM
Quote from: KyNola on August 29, 2009, 07:30:16 AM
H R,

KyNola

Ky,

strike this for old age or poor eye sight but I have looked at my cold smoke adaptor; front and back, up and down and sideways and could not find a sensor plug on the adaptor. Can you a bit more specific.

HR

The sensor plug that KyNola is referring to is for the digital models, that sensor plug needs to be plugged into the back of the digital generator. When you purchase the cold smoke adaptor from Bradley they include that with the purchase.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Hopefull Romantic

Habs,

I am sorry for being so ignorant but I could not find any place where the sensor would plug into my cold smoke adaptor. Aside from some rivets and screws there is nothing there.

Please elaborate.

HR

FLBentRider

I think that there is a plug that you put in the digital generator to make it think it is still attached to the tower.

I have an OBS, so am just guessing...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi HR

The cold smoke box comes with a bypass plug its a small plug that you plug into the digital generator to fool the unit into thinking it is plugged into the tower.

Brian

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 29, 2009, 02:35:10 PM
Habs,

I am sorry for being so ignorant but I could not find any place where the sensor would plug into my cold smoke adaptor. Aside from some rivets and screws there is nothing there.

Please elaborate.

HR

No problem, you miss what I said in my post "The sensor plug that KyNola is referring to is for the digital models, that sensor plug needs to be plugged into the back of the digital generator."

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

H R,
What they all said. :D

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there guys,

I have the 6 rack BDS. My understanding is when I install the cold smoker adaptor, I have to unplug the sensor cable from the back of the tower, keep it plugged into the smoke generator an then plug it into the cold smoke adaptor to fool the smoke generator. So far so good Right?

The problem that I have is there is no place on the adaptor to plug the sensor cable. Any suggestions?

HR

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 30, 2009, 03:05:56 PM
Hi there guys,

I have the 6 rack BDS. My understanding is when I install the cold smoker adaptor, I have to unplug the sensor cable from the back of the tower, keep it plugged into the smoke generator an then plug it into the cold smoke adaptor to fool the smoke generator. So far so good Right?

The problem that I have is there is no place on the adaptor to plug the sensor cable. Any suggestions?

HR

Hey HR, if I'm not mistaken, a dummy plug should have come with the cold smoke adapter. And that should plug into the smoke generator to fool it into thinking the sensor cable is being used. Here's a couple links with some info.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=9992.0
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=9164.0
HawkeyeSmokes