Extenttion cord for adaptor

Started by georgeamer, August 29, 2009, 06:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi

Here is what you should do when installing the cold smoke box on a digital smoker.

First remove the Generator from the tower and connect your cold smoke box to the tower
then place your digital generator in the hole in the cold smoke box
Like this picture

With your cold smoke box you should have got a small bypass plug that looks like this.

This bypass plug gets plugged into the digital generator (remove the sensor cable) and put the bypass plug in this hole.

I hope this clarifies the problem
Brian

KyNola

H R,
To add to what Brian has just shown you, the sensor cable remains disconnected when using the cold smoke adapter.

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks to all you guys who helped out in the matter of the bypass. But here is my dilemma:

I did not receive such a plug with the cold smoke adaptor and here in Jordan we do not have a Radio shack to by it from. So Brian I am willing to buy it from Bradley if you say it is possible and you do not have to ship it all the way here. You would have to ship it to my forwarder in NY state and they will do the rest. Just let me know and I will process the payment immediately.

As I have mentioned in a different thread, I am designing my own Bradley cabinet (emulating I believe Nepas) and would like to have the CS adaptor installed permanently in addition to the PID which is due to arrive on Wednesday Sept. 2ND and I would like to keep it all neat that way. So Brian I would appreciate it if you expedite your answer.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 31, 2009, 10:45:58 AM
Thanks to all you guys who helped out in the matter of the bypass. But here is my dilemma:

I did not receive such a plug with the cold smoke adaptor and here in Jordan we do not have a Radio shack to by it from. So Brian I am willing to buy it from Bradley if you say it is possible and you do not have to ship it all the way here. You would have to ship it to my forwarder in NY state and they will do the rest. Just let me know and I will process the payment immediately.

As I have mentioned in a different thread, I am designing my own Bradley cabinet (emulating I believe Nepas) and would like to have the CS adaptor installed permanently in addition to the PID which is due to arrive on Wednesday Sept. 2ND and I would like to keep it all neat that way. So Brian I would appreciate it if you expedite your answer.

HR

HR

Just to add to the confusion....

When you use the bypass plug the smoke generator shows a fixed temperature. I believe around 70 degrees. The bypass plug is just a way of fooling the smoke generator as it won't run with out this wire connected.

I have mine in a permanent cold smoke setup as well. What I did was cut the factory sensor wire in half and add enough wire into it to get the job done. This way the smoke generator still displays the tower temp.

The wire is not anything special... I think I used speaker wire if I remember correctly.

Just a thought...

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

BigJohnT

Mike, it should be type K thermocouple wire I assume but it might be J. You can tell by the wire colors. I'm not sure how much the reading gets changed by not using the proper wire. But at each dissimilar wire junction it will change the Millivolt signal a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermocouple

http://www.omega.com/prodinfo/thermocouplewire.html

John

Mr Walleye

Hi John

The DBS uses a Thermistor instead of a thermocouple and is why you can just cut the cable and add in wire to lengthen it. Here is a link to a discussion we had on it a while back. I made a couple of the dummy plugs and they worked fine.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=9164.msg97088#msg97088

Mike

Hopefull Romantic

I appreciate all your inputs specially that of Mike and I promise if all else fails, I will use your advise.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

BigJohnT

Hi Mike,

I love thermistors... I guess I had thermocouples on my mind after just wiring up a couple  ;D

I made a remote sensing controller with one for $20

http://suburb.semo.net/jet1024/Controller.htm

John

Mr Walleye

Nice job John!

That's a slick little mod!

Mike

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 31, 2009, 10:45:58 AM

HR

Hi HR

Just PM or E-mail me the address and contact information in NY and i will send one there at no cost to you I will even toss in a extra sensor cable in case you want to cut it inhalf and make it longer.

Brian

KyNola

And once again Brian illustrates why we all love the Bradley people.  Nice going Brian! ;)

KyNola