10.5 Ribs

Started by BigJohnT, August 29, 2009, 12:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

Those ribs look very nice.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

BigJohnT

Dam, they are good. The best thing is with the Auto-magic Smoker Control I have complete control of the process.
No one shows the disappearing act...

but I'm brave enough to show them...

John

mikecorn.1

Dam, BJT those look gooooood. Looks  like your enjoying the heck out of them things. :P  :P
Mike

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: BigJohnT on August 29, 2009, 02:26:10 PM
Hmmm, doesn't seem to be any lack of smoke above the lower tray and we all know aluminum is the fastest heat conductor next to copper or gold and if you look close you will see that there is about 18 square inches of open space along the two sides and the front and that is about three times as much square inches as the vent when wide open.  ;)

Time to put the ribs in the foil...

John

During my smoking sessions my whole cabinet is full of smoke, from top to bottom. In the picture you posted, it looks like most of the smoke is mainly flowing up the sides of the smoker, by passing both trays and out the vent. Well if it works for you; what can I say but happy smoking. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on August 29, 2009, 06:25:27 PM
Dam, BJT those look gooooood. Looks  like your enjoying the heck out of them things. :P  :P

I second that Mike and think that BJT's shirt is having its share. (upper left chest). :-[ :-[ :-[

They really look good. Bon appetite.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

BigJohnT

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 30, 2009, 02:03:32 AM
Quote from: BigJohnT on August 29, 2009, 02:26:10 PM
Hmmm, doesn't seem to be any lack of smoke above the lower tray and we all know aluminum is the fastest heat conductor next to copper or gold and if you look close you will see that there is about 18 square inches of open space along the two sides and the front and that is about three times as much square inches as the vent when wide open.  ;)

Time to put the ribs in the foil...

John

During my smoking sessions my whole cabinet is full of smoke, from top to bottom. In the picture you posted, it looks like most of the smoke is mainly flowing up the sides of the smoker, by passing both trays and out the vent. Well if it works for you; what can I say but happy smoking. :)

The whole cabinet was completely full of smoke when I opened the door but by the time my slow camera actually took the shot most of the smoke had risen up and out the top as you can see in the picture. I know what I do might be too risky for most of you... but I'm a trained professional.  8)

John

Tenpoint5

I'm guessing Momma liked the ribs? Glad the process worked for you.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BigJohnT

Ten Point Five, they were very good. Quite a bit different than the normal way I do ribs. The sauce I used was a bit hot for the women folk. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It was a struggle to save a tiny bit for my business partner to try on Monday.

John

OU812

Mmmmmmmmm Ribs

Cant wait till after 5:00 so i can see them, the man put a sharing block on us so I cant see any photos till then

OU812

Dam nice looking ribs you made there BigJohnT

muzzletim

Wow do they look good! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Tim

BigJohnT

Thanks guys, even my other brother John liked them and he will not eat anything with sauce on it...

John

BigJohnT

I made another batch with Strawberry's on one half and Butt Rub on the other half. Half of each half was sauced with Carolina Treet and half without. They were all wonderful. I took the leftovers to the shop for my other brother John to try out. The same day another friend brought him some ribs... I asked him the next day how the ribs were... he said the other ones were trash and there was no evidence left from mine. That is one awesome recipe 10.5.

Thanks
John

joerom

I hate this site.I am always hungry when I look at it. Great looking ribs!

Joe.