Anyone tried a SMOKE DADDY Cold Smoke Generator with a Bradley?

Started by dannyd, August 31, 2009, 02:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyd

Any feedback on the Smoke Daddy? How cool is the smoke that comes out of one of these?

Another thing, i wonder, can you use the Bradley smoke chamber without turning on the chambers own heater?

I'm just thinking if teaming up these two items would make for the perfect cold smoker setup. I'm thinking I'm sure i could make something like the Bradley cold smoking setup (with a longer duct tube) that will attach to a Smoke Daddy and make sure the smoke reaching the Bradley is no higher than ambient. I live in the UK so ambient temperature is generally pretty cool anyway!

mikecorn.1

Mike

pensrock

NEPAS may be the one to ask about this. I have one similar to the one you are talking about but have not got it connected to the Bradley yet. Maybe later this week. The smoke that comes out is quite cool, I see no problems putting it on the Bradley and cold smoking cheese with it. that being said, I have not done it yet. Note the canister itself is VERY HOT after lit and operating. Did I say VERY HOT! Just a little caution, do not have little ones running around with it operating.

dannyd

Thanks for the info Pens, glad to know that the smoke does come out cool. The one you use, did u make it yourself or did u buy it from a company? If you bought it, any chance knowing the company name?

thanks again!

NePaSmoKer

Yes you can hook a smokedaddy to your Bradley and it works real good. Very good for doing cold smoked cheese  ;D

But like pens said the smokedaddy barrel gets hot so wear some oven gloves.

nepas

pensrock

Quote from: dannyd on September 01, 2009, 01:58:27 PM
Thanks for the info Pens, glad to know that the smoke does come out cool. The one you use, did u make it yourself or did u buy it from a company? If you bought it, any chance knowing the company name?

thanks again!

I made my own.

JGW

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to build your own.  Those end pieces look like the tops of a galvanized fence post.  Surely not?

pensrock

QuoteThose end pieces look like the tops of a galvanized fence post.  Surely not?

Thats exactly what they are but aluminum. I used 2-1/2" rigid alum conduit and the fence post caps, a piece of heavy expanded metal for the inside, a air pump from the pet store, and a few other odds and ends. The inside of the conduit needs machined to allow a slip fit for the caps. You can pretty much figure out what all you need from the pictures on the web site.

dannyd

Thanks for the demo pix Nepa!
I'm wondering though, I'm sure i read somewhere that heating aluminium was bad because of its links associated with Alzheimer's disease. I think it had to do with the oxidising of aluminium to aluminium oxide. With Pens and Nepa saying that the casing gets pretty hot I'm wondering if there is any chance of it oxidising and that entering the Bradley with the smoke.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: dannyd on September 02, 2009, 11:24:34 AM
Thanks for the demo pix Nepa!
I'm wondering though, I'm sure i read somewhere that heating aluminium was bad because of its links associated with Alzheimer's disease. I think it had to do with the oxidising of aluminium to aluminium oxide. With Pens and Nepa saying that the casing gets pretty hot I'm wondering if there is any chance of it oxidising and that entering the Bradley with the smoke.

I think you get more AL in your deodorant than the smokedaddy.

nepas