Texas Style Brisket Throwdown!!!!

Started by KyNola, September 04, 2009, 06:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Damn JGW, that looks like a knockout  punch! Let's see the counter jab from from WTS.

Thank you for doing this. It has been fun!!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

KyNola

JGW,
That is one beautiful Texas Style brisket!  Thank you so much for showing us your technique.  There will be no winner declared as the winners are those of us learning from your expertise.

Thanks so much JGW!

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Thanks JWG, wish it was a scratch and sniff picture. Looks great. Was yours totally cooked in bradley? just wondering how long it took. thanks again

JGW

Thanks guys.

Classic...yeah, cooked entirely in the Bradley.  6 Lbs at the start, I figured 9 hours (6 x 1.5), but pulled it at 8 hours or so for the FTC.  Normally, I start checking the internals in the last 2 hours.  Kind of got away from me (drinking beer, telling lies), but the end result was tasty.

Let's see what my brisket brother tosses our way.  I'm looking forward to it.

westexasmoker

All I can say is WOW......JGW....WOW!!

Allright, pulled after the smoke, right about 6 hours, figured I'd give equal time for both...Now boated up and cooking away @ 200, I can say check your oven temp if you go this route, my oven will start at the lowest temp (170) will ramp up to 240 then down to 162, then 210 and down to 162...etc...etc before it stabllizes.

C

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Hopefull Romantic

With Ky's permission, I would like to declare this Texan showdown a tie. All forum members are winners and both contenders have proven themselves to be excelant briskets mentors.

Hats off to WTS and JGW for a job well done.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KyNola

HR is absolutely correct.  This championship bout is clearly a draw!  I would be proud to sit down with either of you and enjoy some brisket.  They both look great.

Thank you WTS and JGW for putting on a clinic.  I know I speak for everyone when I say thank you.  JGW, you were a really good sport.

KyNola

JGW

WTS - That looks Amazing.  Next time I'm in Texas - you cook the brisket - I'll bring the beer.  If you come out to Cali - I'll cook and you bring the beer.   :)

Thanks to KyNola for goading us into this  ;D and everyone else that took part in the fun.

;D :D ;) :)

classicrockgriller

W T S...did you ever cut them briskets?

westexasmoker

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 06, 2009, 07:26:20 AM
W T S...did you ever cut them briskets?

Just pulled after 12 hour cook and now FTC'ing.....Be sliced here in a bit!

C

westexasmoker

After the cook, before the FTC

And sliced after 4 hours FTC

The one on the left is from the offset, right from the Bradley...Only difference smoke ring on the offset brisket and alot more hassale!  Taste is the same.

I want to Thank You guys for letting us do this, and a big Thanks to JGW!  Like all things we smoke there is no ONE way to do it!

C

HawkeyeSmokes

Don't thank us WTS. A big thank you to you and JGW for this this. It was great watching and the results from both of you look great. Keep up the great work guys!!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

Been avoiding the big meat (brisket, sirloin roast) but you two guys got me in the mood to do one. great looking work WTS and thanks again

JGW

Looks great WTS.  Thanks for cooking with me.  Mighty fine looking briskets there.

FLBentRider

Normally I would say that a tie is like kissing your sister, but in this case, unless there are samples shipped to all of us.... I think it is justified....

Nice work both of you!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!