Missing sensor cable

Started by BC Smokin', September 04, 2009, 05:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BC Smokin'

I plugged in the new DBS and got the dreaded E-1 message. Appears the sensor cable is missing from the unit. Can anyone any help with this? I am posting here and will also post at Bradley.
Guess there is no way I will be smoking this weekend.  :'(
Correction, I am smoking, but the Bradley is not.
BC Smokin'
You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl

Mr Walleye

Was the sensor cable completely missing in the packaging?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

BC Smokin'

Yes, completely gone,  not in the package.
BC Smokin'

Mr Walleye

For the weekend you could make one. You may want one that is longer anyway if you plan on coldsmoking by off setting the generator. Anyway Here is a link to 2 different plugs that will fit. All you need for wire is some light speaker wire like you would use in a car. You will have to solder the connections. Hopefully you have a "Source by Circuit City" near by. They are the ones that bought out Radio Shack here in Canada.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=PowerConnectors&product=2741569

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=PowerConnectors&product=2741571

I believe they both come in packages of 2 which is what you need.

Mike

BC Smokin'

Thanks for you help Mike, but no there is no Sourse store near us. DH may be able to  do something, he was a millwright by trade, so we'll see. I emailed Bradley and they have already responded, they said to call them on Tuesday and the customer service people will help me. But, Ill have to wait til then. Thanks again.
BC Smokin'

Mr Walleye

Sorry BC Smokin'... wish I could help you out more.

Mike

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi BC Smokin

Sorry that your smoker came without a sensor cable

Is there a Canadian Tire near you maybe they have a digital you could steal some parts from
I could call the manager for you if they have one.

The only other thing i can think of is to remove both the plugs for the sensor cable and cut the plugs off then add a piece of wire between them
that should get rid of the E-1
Don't worry about cutting the plugs i will send you new ones to replace them.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Once again I apologize for the missing cable

Brian

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

BC Smokin'

Brian, we are two hours away from a Canadian Tire store, We did contact the Home Hardware in Oliver BC, where we bought the DBS, and they offered to bring in another unit and take the cable off that for us, but that will take three days also, and we hate to do that too.  I will just order one in from Bradley on Tuesday if I can.
Thanks very much for your help and Bradleys quick response to my email.
BC Smokin'

classicrockgriller

nice thing about this forum is that you are not alone. everyone wants to see you smokin so we can see pictures.

BC Smokin'

I will call Bradley tomorrow and ask them to ship the cable Xpress Post, hopefully it will be here by Friday. So I'll be smoking' on the weekend!
Yep, I can do pictures.
BC Smokin'