Pork Butt Cost in Ontario ???????

Started by oakville smoker, September 09, 2009, 09:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Hi Deb, that's my wife's name too.

I'm in Newtown, over toward Danbury.  The grocer is Caraluzzi's.  They have stores in Newtown, Bethel and Weston.  I'll be going there in about an hour to check them out.  Here's a link to this week's sale:  http://www.caraluzzis.com/files/catalog(66).pdf.

It's also on sale at a chain called C-Town.  They appear to have stores in PA, NJ, NY, CT and RI.  There's one in Danbury.  They're also in New Haven, Hartford, et al.  It's .79 for the whole thing or .89 for the butt or shank halves.  Here's a link for the Danbury sale.  http://www.ctownsupermarkets.com/Circulars/N041UP4.html

Sometimes it's difficult to tell what the stores are actually selling because of their own home-brew descriptions.  For example, "Super giant colossal frozen shrimp (25-31 ct)".  Gimme a break.

I'll get back to you later today and let you know what I came up with.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

deb415611

Arnie,

My cousin lives in Ridgefield and shops at Caraluzzi's so I have heard of them.   I'll be going through Danbury to NY in a couple hours to pick up my son at school maybe I"ll check out C-town on my way back if it's early enough.  It looks like the Danbury store is not far from 84. 

Thanks,

Deb

OS - sorry for the hijack

ArnieM

Hi Deb,

Back from the store.  Note, I'd love to talk more but we've gone pretty far off-topic here.  Send me a message if you'd like.  Summarizing, this is what I ended up with.

This is my butt, so to speak.

Weight ranged from a bit under 8 pounds to about 9.5 pounds.

This is my harvest.  Yup, the weekend is lookin' pretty good!

Send me a message on how you made out.

-- Arnie

OU812

Man, I need one of those trees that grow beer  ;D

Mr Walleye

Ya mean like this Ou812!  ;)

Or... More like this....

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

ArnieM

Nice ones Mike  ;D ;D

MW, my tree is pretty rare and difficult to grow.  Many times the birds get 'em before they're "ripe".  As a matter fact, that's the only one I have left!   :-\
-- Arnie

ArnieM

OK now, all seriousness aside.  I have a problem with the Jalapenos.  I'll continue this in the veggies section 'cause it's getting WAY O.T.
-- Arnie