Need some help -measurements

Started by GusRobin, December 07, 2009, 07:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

I just received my OBS and want to build a cart for it. I plan on getting a cold smoke attachment later on so I want to accommodate it in my cart plan. Can someone that has the OBS and the Bradley cold smoker give me the following dimensions:
1) since the cold smoke box and the smoke generator would be lower than the smoker, what is the height difference between the bottom of the cold box and the bottom of the smoker?
2) when set up, what is the total length (including any offset) across the smoke generator, cold box and smoker.

Thanks
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

KevinG

There's no real answer because the hose is flexible and extendable and can be positioned in any number of ways, but on mine I placed it 30" below from the top of the square mounting bracket to the bottom of the box and 22" from the outside edge of the box to the unit. I guess that I should mention that I have the 6 rack digital, but I don't think there'd be that much difference between the two at the connection spot.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

classicrockgriller

Like Kevin said, it can be as close as the bend of the flex/extendable hose will let you or as far away as the hose will extend.

Hopefull Romantic

I agree with CRG regarding the distance due to the flexibility of the tube. However and if it will be used during winter time, a fire fighting friend of mine recommended that the shorter the better to avoid smoke condensation during the cold months.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.