Hot pepper ID please

Started by ArnieM, September 17, 2009, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

When I bought these, I thought they were Habanaros (sic?) but on getting them home they look more like Scotch Bonnets - also pretty good firecrackers.  Can anyone confirm or deny?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

mikecorn.1

Hey, are these invisible peppers  ;D. Where's the pics.  ;D
Mike

pensrock

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on September 17, 2009, 05:53:53 PM

LOL, maybe they are the Ghost peppers.  ;) ;D ;D

pensrock

From the pic on your other post, the peppers look like habs to me. IMHO

ArnieM

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on September 17, 2009, 05:53:53 PM
You can't imagine how many times I've sent email at work and forgot the attachments.  ;)  Sorry about that.  Ya know, when when ya get old ...

-- Arnie

HawkeyeSmokes

A quote from Wikipedia.
The Scotch bonnet is often compared to the habanero since they are two varieties of the same species but have different pod types. Both the Scotch bonnet and the habanero have the characteristic thin, waxy flesh. They have a similar heat level and flavor. Although both varieties average around the same level of heat, the actual degree of "heat" varies greatly with genetics, growing methods, climate, and plant stress.

And a couple of pics.

The Habanero

Scotch Bonnet

I think either one will get the brother in law reaching for his yogurt or tofu to put out the flames.  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

ArnieM

Thanks for that HS.  I probably can't go wrong.

BTW, I changed my avatar.  That's our cat 'Allie', aka Fluffy and Allie Cat.  Looks a bit like pens doesn't it?
-- Arnie

HawkeyeSmokes

Cricky, I think your cat and Pens might be related!  :D Does Allie like hot peppers?
HawkeyeSmokes

ArnieM

She doesn't care for hot peppers but pastrami is surely her favorite.  She's a "kitchen shark".  Open the fridge, crinkle plastic or open a can of anything (she loves white beans),  and I can feel something brushing by my ankles.  It's kinda like standing in water where you can't see your feet (we have that here in Long Island Sound) and feeling 'something' brushing by.
-- Arnie

pensrock

QuoteCricky, I think your cat and Pens might be related!   Does Allie like hot peppers?
;D