smoked brisket taco

Started by armpower, September 19, 2009, 02:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armpower

pulled some smoked brisket out of the freezer    cut it into small pieces  and put in a sauce pan just covered with water and added some light taco seasoning   you want to go light because it can get too salty.  simmer on low for an hr or so and      serve on fresh flour tortillas and mmmmm good!

if you havent tried this with left over brisket or pork shoulder you are missing out!

Caneyscud

Hey armpower,

Kick them up a bit by holding off on the taco seasoning.  Make up some refrieds and slather a layer on the tortilla.  Then put the brisket on.  Top with some slices of avocado and some slices of japs.  Add some shredded cheddar and/or sour cream.  Then enjoy.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ArnieM

They both sound/look good.  I just happen to have some leftover pulled butt.

Hey CS, what are those orange things?  Carrots?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Caneyscud

Yep, the hot pickled carrots you find in some cans of jalapenos.  I love those things.  I literally almost jumped for joy when I found out at least one company cans just the carrots and that my wallyworld had them!

classicrockgriller

I think there's some refried beans in there. Looks good!

ArnieM

I couldn't get this one out of my head.

So, here it is around 1 AM and I'm feeling a little snacky.  I know I don't have all of the ingredients.  So, what to do?  Improvise!  Go and check out the fridge.

Let's see.  Leftover pulled pork from yesterday and some leftover BBQ sauce.  What else is in here?  Pita bread - close enough.  Pickled Pepperoncini.  Canned (not pickled) roasted red peppers.  Some leftover packaged shredded white cheddar.  Things are looking up.

Warmed the pita bread in the oven.  Heated up the PP with extra BBQ sauce.  Sliced up the Pepperoncini and red peppers.  Put it all together.  Not bad.  ;D

-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

Bet That woke you up!    BurP !

ArnieM

Yep.  But, the peppers weren't hot so I snuck some Chipotle powder into the BBQ sauce.  ;D
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

Oh ! You need an early wake up call !

Hopefull Romantic

They allound sooooooooo good.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caneyscud

Quote from: ArnieM on September 21, 2009, 10:30:20 PM
Yep.  But, the peppers weren't hot so I snuck some Chipotle powder into the BBQ sauce.  ;D
Just got a shipment of herbs and spices in and about a pound of chipotle powder was included.  I have never used it, I am really looking forward to incorporating it into my "recipes".  It smells great! 

Midnight snack = mother of all snack inventions!!!  The comedians and their improv have nothing on cooks and their improv!!

OU812

Every thing looks good when you have the midnight munchies  ;D

Really those do look good guys

Chipotle powder goes good on everything, I make my own, make my own cayenne pepper also. You need a respirator and gloves when you grind

ArnieM

Quote from: Caneyscud on September 22, 2009, 05:13:33 AM
[Just got a shipment of herbs and spices in and about a pound of chipotle powder was included.  I have never used it, I am really looking forward to incorporating it into my "recipes".  It smells great! 

I use the chipotle and cumin in almost everything.  My wife likes to sprinkle on cayenne.

I think a pound will last you for a while!  Maybe it should be kept in the fridge but I really don't know.
-- Arnie

ArnieM

OU, do you do that in the house or outside?  I grated up some horseradish in the house quite a while back and learned not to do it again.  ;)
-- Arnie

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on September 22, 2009, 07:56:17 AM
OU, do you do that in the house or outside?  I grated up some horseradish in the house quite a while back and learned not to do it again.  ;)

OUT SIDE in the smoke shed. I did my first batch in the man room in the basement and when the AC kicked on the women came down to see what I was doing cause there eyes were burning.