New (Almost) Owner Questions

Started by Squid, September 20, 2009, 01:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntnfreak

This fall in Minnesota has been very strange.  We have had a lot of rain and now light snow.  I've been putting off smoking because of it.  I finally gave up and started smoking in the garage.  I keep it next to the door with the door open.  It works great.  Very little smoke stays in the garage.  It creates a draft that takes it outside.  The result is a nice smoky smell in the garage.  I just smoked in it again last night.  It works well for me.  If I ever reach a point where I keep my garage heated throughout the winter I will incorporate some of the ideas I have found here to create a vent system to pump it directly outside with the least amount of condensation. 

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 06, 2009, 11:59:56 AM
This fall in Minnesota has been very strange.  We have had a lot of rain and now light snow.  I've been putting off smoking because of it.  I finally gave up and started smoking in the garage.  I keep it next to the door with the door open.  It works great.  Very little smoke stays in the garage.  It creates a draft that takes it outside.  The result is a nice smoky smell in the garage.  I just smoked in it again last night.  It works well for me.  If I ever reach a point where I keep my garage heated throughout the winter I will incorporate some of the ideas I have found here to create a vent system to pump it directly outside with the least amount of condensation. 

Yep, you are hooked!

Huntnfreak

Yep, you are hooked!

Very hooked!  Apparently so is my family and co-workers.  My mother in law was here for some smoked turkey over Thanksgiving.  She stopped by the other day with a turkey and asked me to do one for Christmas.  My wife was just shaking her head. 

OU812

Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 07, 2009, 09:45:59 AM
Yep, you are hooked!

Very hooked!  Apparently so is my family and co-workers.  My mother in law was here for some smoked turkey over Thanksgiving.  She stopped by the other day with a turkey and asked me to do one for Christmas.  My wife was just shaking her head. 

Aint it great?

Huntnfreak

I'm not sure if it is good or not!  I might have to screw something up on purpose so they don't expect too much from me!   ;D ;) ;D
Quote from: OU812 on December 07, 2009, 02:44:40 PM
Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 07, 2009, 09:45:59 AM
Yep, you are hooked!

Aint it great?