anyone have any ideas on cooking or recipes

Hopefull Romantic

1 cup white sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
4 teaspoons hot chili paste (optional but sure adds a nice kick)
On whole chicken cleaned and patted dry
A can of your favorite beer. Drink half the beer and allow the rest to come down to room temp.

In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, water, onion powder, and ground ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from heat, cool, and whisk in lemon juice and hot chili paste. Place chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 - 6 hours.
Remove the chicken from the fridge and allow it to come back to room temperature. In the mean time heat up your Bradley to 250 F melt about 2 TBS butter and carefully pour it in the beer can ( the beer has to e room temp otherwise it will simulate boiling and over spill everywhere) then carefully place it inside the chicken cavity and onto the oiled rack. Smoke in the Bradley using cherry or alder for 2 hours and then cook it for about 1 or 2 hours more (in the Bradley without smoke) or until the IT in the thickest part of the chiken reaches 165 F.

Be extremely careful when removing the beer can from the chicken as the liquid would be boiling inside.
Enjoy.
HR 
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

The ginger gives it a great taste.

HR

classicrockgriller

HR, you are quite the chef, hidden recipes?

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 22, 2009, 12:15:07 AM
HR, you are quite the chef, hidden recipes?

No hidden recipes here CRG. As I told you I had to stay away from using my Bradley for a month and now I am warming up to go back again. This recipe I picked up while I was in S. Korea on a 5 weeks business trip about a year ago. The Lady front desk managerat the hotel I was staying at in Changwan, Mrs. Cho, who took a fancy to me gave me that one. It is supposed to be for grilled chicken and at that is still tastes great. I modified it and smoked it in my bradley. It was even greater.

I am contemplating smoking a whole rack of lamb in the next couple of days and I will be posting repice and pictures soon. The rack is thawing as we speak in the fridge and I cant wait to share that one.

HR

classicrockgriller

wow.....she speaks good english to be that percise.

Hopefull Romantic

Yes she did. I only had to be on the look out and distinguish when she meant to say the letter L or the letter R. In Korean there is no R and it is pronnounced L.

A friend of mine, Rick Stone was there on business once and you can imagine what he was called.

HR

classicrockgriller

classicrockgriller

Just be glad your friend wasn't Ricky Roberts

squirtthecat

Dang, that does sound interesting...   You need to get a picture of it next time in the smoker.   I bet the chicken gets a nice color from the sweet glaze..

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 22, 2009, 05:07:28 AM

Dang, that does sound interesting...   You need to get a picture of it next time in the smoker.   I bet the chicken gets a nice color from the sweet glaze..

You bet STC. I promised my aunt to have her over for dinner on Thursday and I was planning to do just that. I will make sure I post steps and final product.

HR

OU812

HR
That recipe sounds like something I need to try
I will look for your post of when you do it