Fresh Pork butt awesome price!

Started by Smokeville, September 19, 2009, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

.88/lb at Yuan Ming in Mississauga.

That's no typo. Eight-eight cents per pound.

FLBentRider

That's a great price!

Too bad it's a little far from Florida...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Bought 8 the other day for .87 and picnics for .74. But Beef and pork and chicken is cheap here in Texas.
Our HEB had chickens on for 39 lb about two weeks ago. I felt like I was stealing something when I walked
out the door with them.

ArnieM

Wow CRG,

Good prices.  The butt runs .89 to .99 on sale up here.  The local grocer was celebrating their 60th anneversity last week and had a lot of "60's" in the prices.  The yard birds were going for .60/pound - limit 2 to a customer, and that's cheap.  At .39/pound I might be tempted to get a small freezer. 
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

probably cost you more in electricity than the birds are worth.

ArnieM

Yeah, I'm sure you're probably correct.  It's the "On Sale" thing that drives my wife to destruction. 
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

HawkeyeSmokes

Missed a great sale here. My brother called me last night while I driving home from work and told me he just picked up pork butts for .79. Did he get me any? NO. Thanks a lot and the sale is over. Go figure.  >:(
HawkeyeSmokes

pensrock

The cheapest pork butt I see is .99/lb but normal sale price is around 1.09/lb. Thats usually around deer season, lots of sausage getting made then.  :)

classicrockgriller

About 2 months ago, we went to deer lease to build a hog trap. My friends friend came along and he
turned out to be the perishable mgr at the groc store I shop at. They happen to have pork loins on sale
for $.99. They were cutting a whole loin up in to 1/3 and you could get two at that price. (ie 2/3 of a
whole loin) I ask him if I could get some more. He called me up and said I can bring you two cases.
Ok....how many in a case? He told me 6. Said bring them on. He showed up at my house w/ 12 pork loins
that weight 7 to 8 lbs each.Total was $92 and some change. I gave him a hun and said keep it for the gas.
I was a happy camper.

Caribou

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 19, 2009, 11:37:20 PM
About 2 months ago, we went to deer lease to build a hog trap. My friends friend came along and he
turned out to be the perishable mgr at the groc store I shop at. They happen to have pork loins on sale
for $.99. They were cutting a whole loin up in to 1/3 and you could get two at that price. (ie 2/3 of a
whole loin) I ask him if I could get some more. He called me up and said I can bring you two cases.
Ok....how many in a case? He told me 6. Said bring them on. He showed up at my house w/ 12 pork loins
that weight 7 to 8 lbs each.Total was $92 and some change. I gave him a hun and said keep it for the gas.
I was a happy camper.
boy CGR, that was a good deal!
I thought that "hun" was a typo for "hug"...but now I get it.
It would have made sense if you gave him a hug and said keep it for the gas.  :D :D :D
Carolyn

classicrockgriller