Cold Smoking Ribeyes for the First Time

Started by Caribou, September 24, 2009, 04:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Great looking steaks and nice smiles on faces.

Good job Carolyn

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

deb415611

Quote from: ArnieM on September 27, 2009, 11:38:02 AM
The acorns sound good Carolyn.  I've used brown sugar and maple syrup before but we tend to like them fairly plain.

Hawkeye just gave me a link to Penzey's today.  Their online catalog has some nice recipes.  It turns out they have a store about 30 miles from me so I may stop in.  That store is also looking for help and I'm out of a job.  Hmmmm.  Spices must be kind of like software.  ;D

That store is awesome.  They have glass jars of the spices that you can open up and smell.   ;D ;D :)     

Up In Smoke

Great job Carolyn!
i wish i lived closer, those look incredible.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

squirtthecat

Spices must be kind of like software.  ;D

Multiple components, controls, flavors, procedures, methodologies and a rich user interface..

Yes, I would have to agree!

Caribou

The acorns sound good Carolyn.  I've used brown sugar and maple syrup before but we tend to like them fairly plain.

Hawkeye just gave me a link to Penzey's today.  Their online catalog has some nice recipes.  It turns out they have a store about 30 miles from me so I may stop in.  That store is also looking for help and I'm out of a job.  Hmmmm.  Spices must be kind of like software.  ;D
We don't have a Penzeys near by but I have been buy their stuff for over 10 years.  Now with the slow economy they usually have monthly promos where you get something free, like this month a free jar of cinnamon.  That freebie generally zero outs the shipping on a small order.  They always throw in a free jar of something too.  I love their English Prime Rib Rub...it's fantastic in burgers.
Carolyn

deb415611

Quote from: Caribou on September 27, 2009, 06:47:21 PM

We don't have a Penzeys near by but I have been buy their stuff for over 10 years.  Now with the slow economy they usually have monthly promos where you get something free, like this month a free jar of cinnamon.  That freebie generally zero outs the shipping on a small order.  They always throw in a free jar of something too.  I love their English Prime Rib Rub...it's fantastic in burgers.
Carolyn

I love that English Prime Rib Rub too.  I think it was a freebie, now I buy it.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: deb415611 on September 27, 2009, 06:51:00 PM

Carolyn

I've used it also but only on prime rib and it is fantastic! Got to try using it in burgers because that does sound good.
HawkeyeSmokes

Caribou

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on September 28, 2009, 02:42:37 PM
Quote from: deb415611 on September 27, 2009, 06:51:00 PM

Carolyn

I've used it also but only on prime rib and it is fantastic! Got to try using it in burgers because that does sound good.
Yes, try it in those burgers.  It even tells how much to mix in on the jar  :)  Do the higher amount for sure!
Carolyn

OU812

Good looking steaks and the squash looks tasty also, looks like a bunch of happy campers enjoying the feast. The cheese will be great.

I just stopped by Penzeys today after lunch to pick up a few things, the gals in there always ask me what I'm smoking this time so I have to tell them and by the time I'm done I have every ones attention. They even ask me to try some of there new spice mixes before they even put them on the shelf. Its kinda cool when they ring me up and ask me "Could you try some thing there working on?"
One of these days I'm going to fix them up a platter of goodies.
I went in there today and left my glasses in the truck and when i said i needed to get them the gals said just tell us what you need and i just fallowed
Great place and great people

Sorry I got cared away.  ::)