ABTs Round Two

Started by ArnieM, September 25, 2009, 02:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

This is my second batch.  I've included a few pics but won't bother in any subsequent ABT posts.  Really, they all look pretty much alike, don't they?

I did these with my OBS in its new house: http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11704.0

I did the peppers in boiling, lightly salted water with some sugar for 2 minutes.  I thought the sugar might help to mitigate some of the heat.

This stuffing was made from stuffing left over from last time, more cream cheese, a shredded Italian cheese mix, finely chopped leftover pulled pork and, of course, chipotle powder.  I've found I always make too much stuffing.

Ready to mix and stuff.  (No chipotle yet.)

Wrapped them in the bacon, under close supervision.

Going in.

Coming out after about 1:40 of Hickory.  (The bricks are slanted to try to channel the grease to the center of the drip pan.)

I made these to bring to my daughter's and son in law's house tomorrow.  He's making smoked pork ribs.  He's from England and his parents are here for a visit.  I'm not sure how his parents will like the heat - maybe they'll get a 'kick' out of it.   ;D

Of course, I had to sample a couple.  These Japs seem hotter than the last batch.  I doubt if the sugar did anything but they sure tasted good!

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

Okay okay okay, I give up. I am making ABTs tomorrow.

I have been reading all you guys' threads about ABT's and thinking who would eat them at my house hold but me. So, in the spirit of looking after no. 1, I will make them tomorrow.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

HawkeyeSmokes

Peno's do vary quite a bit on heat level. Some have almost no and then you might get lucky and get the hot ones.  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

mikecorn.1

Look good. I like the way you wrap them all the way around. going to try that myself.  ;D
Mike