Fresh Caught Salmon HELP

Started by NePaSmoKer, September 27, 2009, 03:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Ok its my time fer some help  :D

My neighbors brother just cought some salmon from upsate NY. I got these 2 hugs fillets. We want salmon type jerky (called sharpies here) Whats the best way to do em before i mess em up. I dont really mess with salmon too much.

Do i leave the skin on?

Thanks everyone.

nepas

Hopefull Romantic

I am sorry that I cant help you there Nepas with Salmon jerky. But Nepas asking for help, now there is a first.

Good luck finding one and please share it when you do.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 27, 2009, 03:38:04 PM
I am sorry that I cant help you there Nepas with Salmon jerky. But Nepas asking for help, now there is a first.

HR

:D  :D  :D

This is a 2nd  :D  :D

nepas

deb415611

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 27, 2009, 03:40:21 PM

HR

nepas

That's what I was going to say.  I think you asked for help a month or two ago  ;D ;D ;D

I can't help you either, I'm allergic to it...  I just came in your thread to give you a hard time....

Slamdunk

PM sent.

I've used that method (not my original) quite a few times and it is very, very good.

Hope it helps...

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: slamdunk on September 27, 2009, 04:10:05 PM
PM sent.

I've used that method (not my original) quite a few times and it is very, very good.

Hope it helps...

Thanks i got your PM. I think i am going to go with dbrowns1 recipe in my smokehouse. If it dont work i aint out much.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: deb415611 on September 27, 2009, 03:58:56 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 27, 2009, 03:40:21 PM

HR

nepas

That's what I was going to say.  I think you asked for help a month or two ago  ;D ;D ;D

I can't help you either, I'm allergic to it...  I just came in your thread to give you a hard time....

Thanks for the hard time Deb  :D  :D I can always count on you  ;D  :D.   YOU SILLY................ OH YEAH............SO THERE  ;D  as our friend would say.

nepas

ArnieM

Please let us in on this nepas.  I've neveer heard of salmon jerky.  Smoked (hot and cold), grilled, planked, poached - sure.  But never the jerky.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KyNola

Rick,
I'm with Arnie.  Want to know about salmon jerky.

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

I went with Dbrowns recipe on the salmon. Cut like kummok does.

Going to do the overnight then into the big house with maple or apple.

Didnt have any cheap whiskey or JD so i had to improvise. A gift from a friend  ;D  (Didnt want to use everclear)

Salmon jerky is just dried/smoked fish, not as brittle as beef jerky and not like smoked salmon.  WHEW after this i stick to 2 & 4 legged critters  ;D

nepas

dbrown1

lemme know how it turns out ... I know it has a great flavor and YUM Makers Mark thats some good stuff

Hopefull Romantic

Please post end results, looks intriguing.

HR

NePaSmoKer

I have the salmon getting the glaze/pellical right now. Going into the smokehouse with apple or maple.

My neighbor said she wanted a few big hunks  :D  :D  I said hey i aint that kind of guy  :D  ;D

nepas

Hopefull Romantic

Looking good Nepas. How do they taste?

HR

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 28, 2009, 05:45:19 AM
Looking good Nepas. How do they taste?

HR

Not done yet. This is the stage before smoking. Letting the marinade dry and get tacky so the smoke sticks.

nepas