Second smoked cheese

Started by ArnieM, September 29, 2009, 12:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 29, 2009, 03:11:33 PM
Arnie, it is a nice set up and I am sure the results would be just great.

Today I broke out all the cheese that I smoked 10 day ago. I had an English lady over with her boyfriend for dinner and we had the cheese along with a nice wine. All the time waiting for my ABTs and chicken to cook, I was wondering; "what is missing". It was the Jack Daniels. The taste of smoked cheese and JD far exceeds cheese with any other combination.

HR
HR, I suggested you ease up on that stuff - the cheese.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: ArnieM on September 29, 2009, 05:04:41 PM
I think I missed a comma, but sure, Mike is a good name for it.  Our cats are "Brown Cat", "Spotted Cat" and "Fluffy Cat".  So, nothing wrong with Mike.

So then it would be Mike and the Cats! Sounds like a good name for a band Smoking Band!
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

Is nice here today. Rain this morning and a little front coming thru. Another front or two and I may go into rut.   CRG

ArnieM

OK, now that I'm an expert, having smoked cheese twice, here's what I've found.  ;D

The cheese doesn't color up when smoked cold (60s) here today.  The cabinet temp didn't go up at all.

Here's the mozzarella on the kitchen counter, about to be wrapped - it smells real good.

I think it may take a bit of heat to color up.  I held my first batch down to about 85 F with the SG in the cabinet (a lot of ice) and it had a nice, though light color.  This batch has no real color at all.  That was for 1 hour apple, 20 minutes hickory and another hour of apple - quite a bit of smoke.

This will take a little more experimentation.  Luckily, the cheese was on sale, so what the heck.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.