Apple or Hickory on Pork Ribs?

Started by Huntnfreak, September 29, 2009, 02:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

I put JD in my basting sauce.

Jump around here old JD is always popping up some where.

Huntnfreak

The ribs have been in the brine for about 1 and 1/2 hours now.   Will see how it all turns out tomorrow.  Just got finished with the first batch of jerky and started the second batch.  Might have to go to the store in the morning to see what they have for boats!

HawkeyeSmokes

If you have any kind of "Dollar Store" near by check it out. Most of those have foil pans at a good price.
HawkeyeSmokes

Huntnfreak

I think both of the closest towns to me have dollar stores.  I will check them out.  Thanks.

squirtthecat

pensrock

HawkeyeSmokes

Don't forget to buy a big roil of the wide heavy duty foil. You will  want need it!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Huntnfreak

The wide foil I've got but if anybody is going to have a leak problem with foil, it will be me.  Anything else I should worry about??

HawkeyeSmokes

I think your off to a good start. But if you questions, just ask. There are a lot of people here ready to help.
HawkeyeSmokes

squirtthecat

Quote from: Huntnfreak on September 29, 2009, 06:37:28 PM
  Anything else I should worry about??

Yeah, coming home from the grocery store with a load like this...

But Honey, they were on sale.  Look how much I saved!!

ArnieM

I'd go with a foil pan.  I swear, the roll stuff comes with holes in it.  Just make sure your boat doesn't leak and never cook with anything you wouldn't drink.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Quote from: Huntnfreak on September 29, 2009, 06:37:28 PM
Anything else I should worry about??

If your going to get any ribs after you put them on the table  ;D

Tenpoint5

Looks like your covered on the tricks of ribs so all I can add is HICKORY for Ribs.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Huntnfreak

New question on the same set of ribs.  I put them in the brine on Sep. 29 expecting to smoke them the next day.  I ended up getting called into work and have been there ever since.  It is now Oct. 2.  I'm home now, but it has been raining all day and I have to pull my DBS outside to use it.  So my question is my ribs should still be good to use correct?  The longer in the brine the better right? 

hansumtoad

Ummmm   well, er.... what was the temp of the brine?
Wishing you all the best across the miles....