Why Texans eat Brisket and not Salmon

Started by classicrockgriller, September 30, 2009, 03:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Stick

classicrockgriller

MY GOSH !  What was the weight of that?.......HUGH  Did you catch him on a rod and reel?
CRG

Big Stick

Crowding 300lbs is all,which makes it a "large" in my book and well shy of XL dimensioning,in fairness.

Fog still setting on the water,but you boys are going to shame me into getting a boat wet this afternoon.(grin)

Hopefull Romantic

Fog, rain, hail, sleet or snow. If you are going to catch another one like that then what the heck are you waiting for Big Stick.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Mr Walleye

Hi Big Stick and welcome to the forum!

Great lookin' fish and I couldn't agree more with you regarding the definition of "fresh"!  ;)

Oh ya... Nice taste in your brand of fishing rod too!  ;)

Just can't beat the G-Loomis line up....

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Big Stick

My Baby Boy tried to tie my 1141S 4-8lb GLX into a knot all day yesterday and I just sorta cringed and turned my back. Had to sort through some early fish,to find the grade worth bonking and I actually slummed an STR 1024C in GL2 of all things. (Love that rod though)

The 1141 S GL3 is simply amazing,given it's power to weight ratio and is my landslide favorite Steelhead rod. I fish their entire Float Rod lineup,but am sweetest on that 9'6" UL.

Big Stick

'Romantic,

For conversation I catch alot of fish. Here's a big one for comparison.

Hopefull Romantic

Nice looking family Big Stick, I know that is your wife and daughter on the left and your son on the right. I just could not guess who is the one in the middle

AMAZING

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Big Stick, better watch out for the Bradley smoking and this great forum, it can become addictive. I've got two months of hunting starting in Nov and I am taking my Bradley with me, but I will either have to ween myself from forum or spring for a laptop. Wife can  to me when I was on the puter looking at recipes the other nite. She had forgot her drawers...she ask If I was gonna look, I said I've seen that but some of these recipes are new. I slept on the couch that nite>   CRG

Big Stick

Pards and I have worn out (2) of the originals and I've a 6 racker enroute currently. As well as doing the ubiquitous mainstays ala S/S refrigerators and homemade wooden models.

Everyone likes smoked fish.

classicrockgriller

Well you have the fish to smoke. Ya'll have worned out two originals Bradleys....geez Have enjoyed the great pics.   CRG

Big Stick

Shot this one a few weeks ago and it just may approach "greatness"...and I'm not predisposed to being biased

KevinG

Wow, those things make Jaws look like a puppy dog! Excellent job on taming those boys.
They make me look like bait.

Kevin
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

monty

nice camera you're shootin with there, Big Stick. a 1D? i'm jealous!  ;D
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

Big Stick

I shoot a 1Ds,40D,XTi and a smattering of Canon P&S's,as well as an Olympus or two.

Keep hearing rumors of a the new 1Ds4 unveiling this month and may have to pull the trigger on it.