Yet another Brisket topic part duex..

Started by dbrown1, October 01, 2009, 07:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown1

Okay so the big day approaches and I have a couple of other questions for you brisketeers ?!?

I am looking at making this one heck of a meal so the woman will get into this thus allowing me to buy more toys errr I mean tools.
So the question I pose to all of you is ...,what goes best with brisket ??
I was thinking slaw, so I copied down the Corky's recipe... what else?? Please help and if ya have recipes or links to recipes I would greatly appreciate it.
My entire smoking life could literally be hanging in the balance here  :o Okay that may be a bit of a stretch but hey who doesn't want more toys right !

HawkeyeSmokes

Myself, I like pinto beans, greens and jalapeno corn corn bread. Yum!!
HawkeyeSmokes

Wildcat

Adult beverages. Also those potatoes of Habs.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

classicrockgriller

Them taters are great, can't go wrong. If you have eaten at Red Lobster and like their Cheddar Biscuits I made a post today in non-smoked foods. They are quick and fast and delicious. Make that meal special so you can buy more tools.   CRG

dbrown1

Thanks guys ! this will certainly help.. I will try both of those

Mr Walleye

Oh ya... Another favorite side dish of ours is grilled fresh asparagus. I just wash and trim the asparagus, drizzle olive oil on them, sprinkle sea salt, Italian seasoning and garlic pepper on them. Throw them on a medium heat grill keeping an eye on them because they don't take too long. I like them with a little white sauce on them... Man... now I'm gettin' hungry again!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

deb415611

Quote from: Mr Walleye on October 01, 2009, 07:48:11 PM
Oh ya... Another favorite side dish of ours is grilled fresh asparagus. I just wash and trim the asparagus, drizzle olive oil on them, sprinkle sea salt, Italian seasoning and garlic pepper on them. Throw them on a medium heat grill keeping an eye on them because they don't take too long. I like them with a little white sauce on them... Man... now I'm gettin' hungry again!

Mike

10.5's grilled asparagus in the first iron chef looked really good too.  It's in this thread  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10053.0

And I totally agree with everyone above on the Syracuse potatoes,  they are awesome

Caneyscud

Well if you go to the GREAT, old school places in Texas - there is only brisket, white onion, white sandwich bread, sauce, Dill/sour pickles, jalapenos, and sweet tea that are put on your butcher paper "plate"!   Other "acceptable" accompaniments in some establishments are cheddar cheese, hot guts, pintos, and slaw.  Oh and the only "proper" desert is cobbler - preferably topped with ice cream - Blue Bell is the only acceptable brand!  

Me, I like corn bread, pintos, jalapenos, and slaw - and cobbler!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

We like to have green bean casserole with lots of mushrooms, jalapeno corn bread and mashed taters with gravy. Save all of the drippings and some of the potato water to make your gravy.

dbrown1

Man so many great ideas, maybe I'll just do all of them  ;D

Hopefull Romantic

There is an old saying; "if you want to confuse some one, give him choices".

I am with you dbrown1, do them all. I could not take a decision with such a variety.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

monty

Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

Caneyscud

Hot Guts are what they call smoked spicy sausage in the heart of BBQ country in Texas - especially in the Elgin area.  It's a staple at the joints in the area.  Its spicy not because of heat, but most have a number of different spices in the recipe.  Tasty, tasty, tasty!  Usually beef with some pork included, and the stuffed in natural casings, when they are cooked RIGHT, the skin literally bursts as you bite into it.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

monty

Quote from: Caneyscud on October 03, 2009, 02:39:14 PM
Hot Guts are what they call smoked spicy sausage in the heart of BBQ country in Texas - especially in the Elgin area.  It's a staple at the joints in the area.  Its spicy not because of heat, but most have a number of different spices in the recipe.  Tasty, tasty, tasty!  Usually beef with some pork included, and the stuffed in natural casings, when they are cooked RIGHT, the skin literally bursts as you bite into it.

oh ok i've seen those before...

damn i gotta make it down to TX! bbq joints are so rare around here.
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB