Pictures you will only see on Bradley's Forum. Smoked Pork in Jordan

Started by Hopefull Romantic, October 02, 2009, 12:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Yes, do let us know how it progresses.

There is a farm near here that has has grass fed cattle and sheep that they process and sell. (in nice little 'sample packs')  I'd like to try some smoked lamb, but I have no idea how to prepare it..   I've only had it in a restaurant.

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 02, 2009, 01:35:54 PM

There is a farm near here that has has grass fed cattle and sheep that they process and sell. (in nice little 'sample packs')  I'd like to try some smoked lamb, but I have no idea how to prepare it..   I've only had it in a restaurant.

Squirt, I have already smoked a rack of lamb and a leg of lamb in the Bradley. If you are interested, I would be honored to send you the recipy.

HR

squirtthecat

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 02, 2009, 01:41:22 PM

Squirt, I have already smoked a rack of lamb and a leg of lamb in the Bradley. If you are interested, I would be honored to send you the recipy.

HR

Sure, I'd love to see it.   I'd probably do a leg of lamb to start with.   Nothing huge. (as I might be the only one eating it)

KyNola

Holy Crap HR!  What a spread and a beautiful venue to present it.  You should be so proud of yourself and your beautiful daughter.

I'm thinking smoked pork in Jordan would be a rare treat.  Am I correct?

Congratulations,
KyNola

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 02, 2009, 01:43:04 PM
Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 02, 2009, 01:41:22 PM

HR

Sure, I'd love to see it.   I'd probably do a leg of lamb to start with.   Nothing huge. (as I might be the only one eating it)

Sure squirt it will be my pleasure. I just hope you dont mind waiting till tomorrow and I will send you both for the rack and the leg of lamb.

HR

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KyNola on October 02, 2009, 01:44:51 PM
Holy Crap HR!  What a spread and a beautiful venue to present it.  You should be so proud of yourself and your beautiful daughter.

I'm thinking smoked pork in Jordan would be a rare treat.  Am I correct?

Congratulations,
KyNola

You are absolutly corect. I truly believe that this is the first time ever. You probably can buy it from some of the super stores here imported. But to buy fresh and smoke it, IT is a first here. There were alot of leftovers from last night, but believe me there was not a morsel left from the pork. One of my school buddies, who is a GM at a 5 stars hotel was first to reach the food, two seconds later, the ribs were missing and avery body had to beg for a piece :D seriously.

HR

KyNola

HR,
I just thought of something.  You just took Jan's Dry Rub international!  Jan is going to flip when I tell her ans show her your pictures.

I recall being in Israel some 36 years ago that one of the hotels there served smoked turkey.  Is anything traditionally smoked in Jordan?  I don't know why but I would suspect it is not.

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KyNola on October 02, 2009, 01:58:12 PM
HR,
I just thought of something.  You just took Jan's Dry Rub international!  Jan is going to flip when I tell her ans show her your pictures.

I recall being in Israel some 36 years ago that one of the hotels there served smoked turkey.  Is anything traditionally smoked in Jordan?  I don't know why but I would suspect it is not.

KyNola

Hey, it was a pleasure and an honor to have Jan's rub for my dinner "surprise" last nigh and please tell her that I have told every one present that the rub I have used on the super star of the night was your wife's.

As for your question:  Is anything traditionally smoked in Jordan?  Do cigarettes count??? :D :D ;D ;D

I am a restaurant buff and I dont think there is a restaurant in Amman that is worth visiting that I have not been to. There was one that had smoked baby back ribs on the menue and after talking to the chef, I ordered it. While eating, the chef came out and asked what I thought. My reply was that it tasted great but I believe that it was oven baked and he had added liquid smoke to the marinade. Needless to say, the chef was chocked and admitted to what I said. Other than that one, I have never been or heard of one here.

HR

Wildcat

I too would like to see your receipe. I have smoked leg of lamb, but I purchased the leg already spiced.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

muzzletim

Truly spectactular, both the food and the setting!!! Well done HR!!!!
Tim

Mr Walleye

Wow! HR... You did yourself and everybody on the forum proud to say the least!  ;)

Congrats!

You have an absolutely beautiful yard as well!  8)

Very, very nice HR.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks Mr. Walleye and muzzltim.

I still have a high from last night. I am not sure if it were from the JD I have devoured, but I believe it was from all the satistied MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I heard all eveining.

HR

Caribou

HR!!!
Just love looking at the pics of your party.  What a success!
Thanks for letting us peek into your world  :)
Carolyn