Stand,Cart, or what do you guys sit your BS on?

Started by johnintx1, February 26, 2005, 09:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnintx1

Was thinking I need to get the BS up some so I dont have to bend over so much. What do you guys use or build to put your BS on or in?? thanks for any links,advice,suggestions and/or help.

Howdy Yall
Live to smoke,Smoke to live.
Smoke on!!
John Welch
Amarillo Texas

Kummok

Depends upon usage and available funds/resources, John. I've seen some pretty awesome carts pictured here on the forum on other threads. I use a 6' plastic top folding table from Costco for the time being for my two Bradleys....cheap, works well for work space, weather resistent for outdoor storage, and it cleans up easily. I would think that, besides a built-in (next in my more permanent "cooking/smoking/grilling center planned for our deck remodel), a stainless steel rolling cart (med supply, restaurant supply) would be pretty cool for someone that needs to move the Bradley when not smoking.....

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

oguard

John,I just built a smoker table.It is built out of 1 1/2" anle iron with a plywood top and shelf in the middle.It is complete with removable wheels.A buddy a mine is a painter and is putting several coats of malimene(spell?) on the plywood.I will also use this table for processing my salmon during fishing season.Now I know not everybody has access to a welding machine or has the time to build one and I gotta admit I was using one of those tables from costco before I built this one and Kummocks right they do work well.I wanted a multi use table that I wasn't going to get a sore back when I was using my smoker on it.[:)]
<b><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="4"><font color="blue">KEEP ON SMOKIN</font id="blue"></font id="size4"></font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3"><font color="blue">MIKE</font id="blue"></font id="size3"></font id="Comic Sans MS">
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

nsxbill

These carts are available at Sam's.  Good cart..  $49.95  I have a couple of them & No regrets!  Might try to get a shelf to mount on the cart to set stuff on while inserting into BS.  

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

manxman

I use  Stanley 3 in 1 workstation I bought from a major UK DIY chain for around £25/$40.

As far as I am aware Stanley tools and DIY accessories are available in the USA, I got the idea from a previous post somewhere on the Bradley forum, which I am pretty sure was a USA or Canada post.

It folds flat for transporting if you are moving the BS for any reason (e.g weekend away camping) and has a shelf underneath for storage. It is very robust and has a maximum weight limit way above anything I would need.

It has 4 clamps/vice that you can position to stop the smoker moving about, particulary useful when shutting the door, hate the BS to topple off the back!!!

The only minor failing is that it is not on castors, some people may want a trolley that they can push to move positions.

Manxman.
Manxman

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by manxman</i>
<br />...some people may want a trolley that they can push to move positions.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">The eyes read "trolley" but the brain registered "trollop". I'm warped![:D][:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

manxman

Hi Chez,

Mmmm...... a "trollop" you can push to move positions!!!! The mind boggles, thought this was a family forum!!!! Teh heh!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

Sauce Bauce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by johnintx1</i>
<br />Was thinking I need to get the BS up some so I dont have to bend over so much. What do you guys use or build to put your BS on or in?? thanks for any links,advice,suggestions and/or help.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font face="Arial"><font size="3"><font color="maroon">John,
Here is what I did.

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/doncurrie/

The pictures were taken really to show the Guru/Raptor mount but you can get the idea.  I purchased two base cabinets (metal) from Sears (on clearance sale) and mounted them on a dolly with 4" rubber casters.  I made an Oak top which I screwed to the cabinet tops and mounted the BS to the top using <font face="Arial Black"><u>existing</u></font id="Arial Black"> screw holes.  Has plenty of storage and looks great.

It is a little elaborate, I know, but I enjoyed the project and it works fantastic.  When not in use, I just roll it inot the garage and store it until the next time.  Enjoy your BS.  I really like mine.  Never has good food been so simple and worry free to prepare .

Don

PS:  Be sure to show us what you come up with.

</font id="maroon"></font id="size3"></font id="Arial">

gotbbq

I got the cart like nsxbill wrote about but a longer version.  all stainless with enough room for full sheet cake pans (rack size) next to the bs.  The extra money is worth the extra space.  Also consider the wheels.  The larger the wheels the easier and smoother it will move.  One set of wheels free moving.  I suggest rubber over steel wheels.  I got mine, somewhat custom, at a retaurant supply company.  All kinds of options available.  The key is to get it high enough not to stoop.

gotbbq

Kummok

There's some pretty cool carts showing up here...That's it, the Costco tables gone!! I'm building a self cleaning Binford 5000 cart with PIAA lights, power rain/sun awning, fire extinguishing system, keg cooler, HDTV/Plasma screen, surround sound, gun rack, PowerStroke diesel/Allison trans, and, oh yeah, two Gold Edition Bradley Smokers and a 25 year old Swedish smoker-chick assistant, (subject to my wife's approval,of course)....[;)][:D][;)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

gotbbq

Kummok-

while you building, make 2, i'll get rid of my table too[:D]

gotbbq

SmokinMoe

I have the cart like Bill's from Sam's.  I love it.  I put the top shelf about halfway from the top though and the bottom shelf at the bottom of course.  It is more stable that way because I read the post where the wind blew the guys smoker off and the door came off.  I figured with the lower top shelf, it would be better off and more my height anyway.
I may have to go get the male version of the Swedish smoker.  
I love my cart.
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

Kummok

I tease my wife a lot about "Swedish-Chicks" cause she's Danish, but if you want the male version Moe, I'm thinking that Norseman can do heavier lifting...I'd better back outta this now before Kirk's mind starts workin' on it!![:D][;)][8D]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Chez Bubba

Well now this is a trip down memory lane!

One of my good friends in Jr. High & High School was Danish. His two older sisters had this horribly irritating habit of walking from the shower to their rooms naked.

Do you have any idea how many potential Atari records were snuffed because of their impoliteness?[;)][}:)][:D][:D][:p]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?