Fogdog Meets Bradley Chicken

Started by Gamefish, October 03, 2009, 08:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamefish

Well worth the experiment and what an awesome flavour

Got some fresh chicken, cut into strips, bit of garlic and pepper, wrapped them in bacon and cold smoked them in Bradley for 2 hours (no heat)

Mixed up the Fogdog Batter with the trusty old lion red beer and proceeded to deep fry

Now the finished result was ;D to say the least!

Now time for a few cold ones and relax :)

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

GF, that looks awesome. Could you still taste the smoke after batter/frying? IMO, I think I would apply some heat If I did these just cause chicken has some naughty stuff if not cook right away or back in the fridge for some cooling down time before I smoke it with no heat. I may be wrong. They do look mighty good.   CRG

Gamefish

CCG, could definitely taste smoke flavour ;), in fact it was outstanding, it is winter down here so chicken was still cold when it came out, and being deep fried it does the trick for cooking :)

classicrockgriller

Sometimes I forget not everyone lives in the heat like I do. One of three turkeys I want to do for gobbler day is smoke in Bradley then fry-ed in the Big Easy.
I haven't gotta a good handled on wether I would lose the smoke flavor if I "Fry-ed" what I had smoked. Thanks for the info. Try boneless chicken thighs w/ jack cheese, slice of onion, slice of jalapeno, wrapped in bacon, and then done what you did. Bet it would be off the hook.   CRG

Hopefull Romantic

I said this before and I am gonna say it again; the Bradley forum is great for your taste but is hell for your waist.

Great looking chicken that was placed on my to do list.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

Good one Gamefish

Kinda like some chicken fingers with a twist

CRG Smoked then fried turkey is top notch, Dont have the BE but I'm working on it. Maybe some day though.

pensrock

QuoteI think I would apply some heat

I thought the same thing but I was thinking cayenne peppers.  ;) ;D

ArnieM

That looks really good gamefish.  I'll wait until the outside temps get lower before cold smoking the chicken due to the nasties.  That could be next week or the week after.   ;D

I have some chicken tenders ( the 'tenderloin' parts from the breast) in the freezer.  They'd probably do pretty well in that recipe.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.