Kummok

I'm in!

DO you take Master Card or Visa?

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

I have cash if that works!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

dbrown1

Do we get a discount for being Alaskan ??

Hopefull Romantic

i am in too. Do you accept forgein currencies?

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Smokeville

Quote from: Kummok on October 05, 2009, 07:06:15 PM
I gotta ask though...isn't smoking-but-not-eating kinda like sitting in an F-15 with no fuel or ammo??  Ouch, gonna owe you some halibut for THAT one! ;) ;)  Funnin' aside, my sympathies are with you on that allergy, Smokeville...my wife is allergic to clams but loves them and has to suffer through watching me guzzle 'em down. So far, the only thing I'm allergic to, foodwise, is starvation....

I'll take that halibut!

While I sit in the F15, I get to watch my dear wife eat the salmon. Which I love. Finding that out the hard way. Plus, I'm allergic to shrimp, crab and lobster...

When we go out to dinner, what do you think my wife will order? You guessed it. Then, when our meals arrive, she will say "can I have a little taste of your...?"

I think there is a special place in heaven for those who smoke what they can't eat!

However, since I can't taste it to see if it's any good, I can fish (ha-ha-) for complements....

Rich aka Smokeville in Oakville

Smokeville

Quote from: Beerbrewer on October 04, 2009, 05:52:49 AM
Got about 10lbs. king salmon from my brother in laws fishing trip to Pulaski N.Y.(Douglaston salmon run).He had 1 fish smoked by a local for $30.00!!! He knows I have the "Bradley" so he asked if I would try it out.Told him "no problem"!!BUT here's the potential problem..I found out after I prepped the salmon I had only hickory pucks!! My question is will this salmon be ruined? I understand most smoke salmon with alder,apple, or cherry.Followed Kummocks brine recipe and temps(thanks).Salmon is in the Bradley as I type.Wish me luck!Got some pics I'll post when I get a chance.

So, how was it?  :)

Beerbrewer

Salmon came out Great! Cut back on the smoke to 1.5hrs.Didn't have a chance to take final pics , was gone before half time! Didn't know I had so many friends. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm hooked now. Have 5 more lbs. stashed in the freezer, going to try "loxs" next.
"They always talk of my drinking, but not of my thirst"

Caneyscud

Danged!  I've been fishing for salmon around here for 30+ years and haven't caught one yet.    Lets see  - Down the Mississippi River, into the Ohio River, into the Cumberlanr River through Kentucky Dam, Lake Barkley, Old Hickory Locks and Dam, Old Hickory Lake, past Nashville, and into the Caney Fork River.  Sounds like a prime salmon run to me.   Can't understand why I can't catch any and can't find anything but farmed AS and PS around here.  If I smoke farmed salmon - does that make me a real smoker too?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

dbrown1

"Keep Gitmo Open for Congress." Anyone with a signature like this is qualifies as a "real smoker" in my book  ;D
That is one of the best ideas I think I have ever heard

Kummok

Smokeville, you just expanded my world of King salmon....didn't know you got such great looking WHITE Kings in NY. White Kings used to be culled up here cause the older folks thought there was something wrong with them to make them look so "unappetizing". BOY! Were they ever wrong!! Folks here have finally figured out that, with some good marketing, they can get premium prices for the rareness of the WK salmon! Go figure....I honestly believe that there is no difference in taste or texture between white and red Kings....the only thing I've noticed (but can't explain) is that the white King seems to stay tastier a little longer when deep frozen?!?!?

Looking at your pics, I'm surprised that it even lasted through the second down of the game!!