opinion/help needed ASAP

Started by bigredsmoker, October 04, 2009, 03:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks Habs and Bigred for the valuable inforation and the two sites. I love them.

Most of the stuff I use in cooking is available here however some get lost in translation. I do not cook the traditional food here (I leave that to my wife as a part of a deal we struck some time ago; you do your thing and I do mine) and have been successfull in finding just about about all the ingredients required in all the recipes I have done. But some times you come across one particular item that gets you stumped, like Molasses. Have been looking for it all over in the big superstores and couldn't find it. Then I discovered a very small shop that had it. It may take a bit more effort to find all you need here, but when you taste the outcome, it sure as heck well worth the sweat.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

monty

Quote from: JGW on October 06, 2009, 05:59:07 PM
Don't know if you guys have ever eaten at Chevy's, but they have a cook book that I think is fantastic (all mexican food, for the most part).  Their motto is "no cans" so everything is made fresh everyday.   ;D

Hey JGW thanks for mentioning this book! My girlfriend and I went to San Fran last year and LOVED Chevy's. We must have eaten there 2-3 times.

Definitely going to pick this one up!
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB