Sorry Everyone

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 04, 2009, 08:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Quote from: Pellicle Pete on October 05, 2009, 09:54:38 AM
Maybe I don't really want to know anyway.
No, you really don't.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Pellicle Pete on October 05, 2009, 09:54:38 AM
A very strange turn of events,with Big Stick getting the chop for knowing what he was talking about. This PC World really is something else. Was hoping to get a chance to ask him how he derived the handle he used,as I'd imagine there was a story there.

Maybe I don't really want to know anyway.

Hiya Pete, Welcome to the forum.

watchdog56

Dang looks like I missed out on some conversation? Don't know what it was about but I don't know how anyone can slam this site or the people on it. It is so helpful. Thanks to a great site and people.

KyNola

NePaS,
You're about the last member of this forum that should ever feel like they needed to apologize to the other members.

KyNola

ArnieM

Ky, I totally agree about NePas.  I do enjoy a challenge but it's worthless when pitted against an idiot.
-- Arnie

Habanero Smoker

I'm kind of glad I only log on twice a day. I don't know what went down, but I saw it building up.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on October 05, 2009, 02:15:04 PM
I'm kind of glad I only log on twice a day. I don't know what went down, but I saw it building up.

I'll second that Habs.

In fact I'm still trying to put it together.  ;)

Oh well... ya gotta get the odd bag apple I guess.

Good job keepin' things in line Brian.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Quarlow

Well His Ip address would give him away and that is connected to your computer. It is not an easy thing to change. You know I felt the air on here change after reading only a couple of his posts and I knew something was up. It was strange and I even said so to my daughter. Partly because he came of as a challenging braggart and that is 2 things that rub me the wrong way. Nepas you do not have to say sorry for anything. 
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Quote from: bigredsmoker on October 05, 2009, 04:23:49 PM
What would keep this Big Stick guy from coming back as someone else?
Nothing as far as I know, unless he has a static IP address that can be blocked.  I cruise a number of forums for my hobbies and there's always some idiot that pops up and starts trouble.  The best tactic is to ignore them and they'll go away.  I regret I didn't do that last night.  OK, my dumb.
-- Arnie

Pellicle Pete

All I saw him do was bring firsthand experience to the table,which obviously greatly exceeded the guesses opined by those who took issue with same. I can respect a strong opinion based upon factoids,but grow tired quickly of armchair quarterbacks who have no clue. Those who know the least about a subject are always the first to get incensed and cry foul.

I would have liked to read it all as a curiousity. Was ArnieM teasing about what the handle meant? I didn't catch all of that either.

lophole

NePas don't be sorry and thanks Brian.
Lophole

Pellicle Pete

Pardon my timing,I guess I should have consulted you prior to taking the time to Register.

You ladies really are a touchy lot.

westexasmoker

Wow...What'd I miss.....I guess to much mesquite smoke permeated my brain...(or lack thereof)!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

I see we have the same horse different color again tonight. Big Red don't waste your time. Nepas created this thread to apologize for some comments that were made in a now deleted thread. I am going to do the same. For those that don't know me I instigated an argument with Big Stick (Totally out of character for me) in his post because he was in my opinion bashing on one of the newer members. I felt that his sole purpose for coming onto this forum was to instigate and cause a fight with who ever he could. I didn't want one of the newer members to feel attacked and possibly leave the site for good because " If I go on there no matter what I say this guy is going to belittle me!" That is NOT what we, and those before us, have tried to make this forum. We want it to be as friendly and open as we can possibly make it. So that anyone wanting to learn something about smoking with or without a Bradley, can feel free to come ask questions and get nonjudgmental answers in an enjoyable atmosphere. That my friends is why I did what I did. So I too am here to say I am sorry if I offended anyone with my comments in that thread.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

Here here 10.5, I have not been on this forum to long but I was made to feel like I was a friend no matter how dumb my question was. The knowledge of our main subject is so far outreaching that it amazes me that there is no question you can ask and not get an answer. The fact that a little good natured rib can be thrown in without anybody being offended is monumental to the success of this forum. However when out and out bashing of someone because you don't agree with their opinion is beyond what we have here and is uncalled for. As I said I have not been on here for along time but I noticed the air change within a few posts from him and that is something that I have never felt on here yet. 10.5 you nor anyone owes anybody an apology for what went on and if anyone believes so then maybe they don't deserve access to this great forum. Everyone has the right to their opinion but to just be a bully is not tolerable.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.