Sorry Everyone

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 04, 2009, 08:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Quarlow on October 05, 2009, 08:45:25 PM
10.5 you nor anyone owes anybody an apology for what went on and if anyone believes so then maybe they don't deserve access to this great forum. Everyone has the right to their opinion but to just be a bully is not tolerable.

I totaly agree with Quarlow. Nothing and I mean nothing that was done by you guys warrents an appology. It will be a sad world we live in when one has to appologize for defending some one or some thing one cares about.

It was a passing cloud and I am seeing the silver linning; Nepas has Jeky smoking... so 10.5 what's on your menu?

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Habanero Smoker

I don't know what went down, but we've had people like that on the forum in the past. They just don't go away, they refuse to be ignored, and tend to escalate their poor behavior. For those members who've been around, can anyone say "Johnnyx", or the guy who thought he was doing the forum a great favor by bestowing upon us his great knowledge of jerky. :)

When a member like that appears a few more generally pop up around the same time. There are a group of people who base there argument on factoids, and feel they have the right to say what every they want any time they want. They have no social filters, and turn to personal attacks to "force" others to accept their statements as fact or just to instigate.

Tenpoint5:

You did the correct thing, and there is nothing for you to apologize for. Many of my earlier posts I'm not proud of; because of the way I handled a few of these type of individuals, but it appears you handled it properly. If gone unchallenged he would have continued to target individuals.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

Don't know what happened - don't really want to know - don't need to - I can imagine if it is like so many other forums I've been a part of.  It happens to little local flyfishing forums of less than 100 members to big ole monstrosities.   On certain subjects and against certain people I will argue and debate for as long as it takes (one reason I have not posted as much here lately - been doing that on another site).  There is seldom a "winner" but at least everybody who reads the posts, know there is another way to look at things.  But for whoever defended this forum and it's good members, I tip my hat to ya'.  To Brian for giving him the boot - my hats off to ya'.  Thanks everyone!  Lets keep being a family - a great big smoking family!   Of course some of us are more pompous than others, but I can't help it!   ;D ;D ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

classicrockgriller

Caney your not pompous just a Texan. It's in our blood.   CRG

dbrown1

And with that I will just say... I love living in the biggest state in the union lol just kidding guys

Tiny Tim

I have to agree with most here and say that NePa and Tenpoint have nothing to be sorry for.  I was literally " " this close to doing the "Report to Moderator" on the thread in question, and that's something I normally just sit back and let other people take care of.

Pete, in my humble opinion, it wasn't necessarily what the guy was saying, it was how he was saying it that got people against him.

Wildcat

I missed all the excitement. Probably a good thing. My mouth has gotten me into enough trouble already.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Pellicle Pete

Just what was said,that rated being tattled upon my presumably grown men?

Texans are always the first to whine and the loudest and for some reason seem proud of same.

Wildcat

Quote from: Pellicle Pete on October 06, 2009, 03:37:59 PM

Texans are always the first to whine and the loudest and for some reason seem proud of same.

???

westexasmoker

Quote from: Pellicle Pete on October 06, 2009, 03:37:59 PM

Welcome to the forum Pete!  Wow you sure know how to win friends and influence people!   ::)   ::)   ;D  Have I mentioned mesquite!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Quarlow

Presumably grown men have no need to belittle other people just to get their point across. It is fine to present your opinion for others to ponder and either accept or reject, but rejecting your believes doesn't warrant personal attacks to try and force some to see things your way. Pellicle Pete if you think you are fooling anyone on here then your not as smart as you try to make out to be.   
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Wildcat

Quarlow

Pete, I think you have alot to offer this forum. But this is a friendly place and we want to keep it that way so we can all learn from each other and share our knowledge. You have a lot going for you because of experience and life skills that you have learned from a life in the frozen north. Share it with us, but don't cram it down our throats.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Pellicle Pete

I am VERY sorry if I belittled someone,that is the last thing I'd wish to happen. My main concern was to fall in step and know when to tattle and then gloat in accordance,which seems to be applauded.

When did I seem to waiver from wishing to be your friend?

bigredsmoker

I think if you tattle when your heart tells you to you will be just fine. Listen to your heart Pete...listen to your heart.