Some Alaskan Photos

Started by dbrown1, October 06, 2009, 09:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Thanks all who posted the beautiful pictures, the only picts I have around me is corn or beans with what you guys would call small tree lines.  ::)

squirtthecat

Quote from: OU812 on October 06, 2009, 03:29:00 PM
Thanks all who posted the beautiful pictures, the only picts I have around me is corn or beans with what you guys would call small tree lines.  ::)

Same view here.   Nebraska must look very similar to Central Illinois..

squirtthecat

Quote from: Caribou on October 06, 2009, 03:15:48 PM
We rented a c-class motor home for a week and then hunted for 2 weeks.
I even got me my own caribou, too.

We had a Dodge Neon.  Not very spacious.    Saw lots of caribou, Musk Ox, and quite a few bears in Denali.   And one moose, standing in a ditch early one morning as we drove by...  Scared the daylights out of me.

Pellicle Pete

What is the green stuff on the bottom of the first trio of pictures? Pollen?

OU812

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 06, 2009, 03:35:57 PM
Quote from: OU812 on October 06, 2009, 03:29:00 PM

Same view here.   Nebraska must look very similar to Central Illinois..

I think you have more trees squirt

Ka Honu

Signs of life in Juneau:

Is this a beautiful city or what?!?

HawkeyeSmokes

Thank you to dbrown1, his mother and Kummok for sharing a view of your part of this world. All I can say, beautiful and thanks again. Oh, and I hope to see more!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Oldman

Great images!!! However.........

We may not have bears, and other critters but we do have BAUBLES....  ;D

Baubles... did I say Baubles???
Ya I did!

You should see ST. Pete Beach at Christmas...talk about jiggling ornaments~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ArnieM

Olds, that looks like a pretty wild critter!  ;D ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Them are nice too, yep yep.   CRG

Kummok

DB1's mom is the real photographer....I just get exceptionally great opportunities to take snapshots...Alaska is full of such opportunities.....the following pics are proof....GREAT scenery in the background but a real photographer would have got a LOT more of the whale in these pics....all I ever get is the tail (DON'T touch that one Olds!!  ;) )  Albeit I don't have that much invested in cameras... :-\ ,  I've learned that camera gear is only part of it....having the eye to capture the right photo is what separates photographers (DB1's mom) from snap shooters (that'd be me  ;) )

Whale "smoke" against the island in the background, just left of the bow......right about here..V

classicrockgriller

very nice Kummock, I take out a camera and all I come home with is photos of feet.   CRG

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 06, 2009, 07:09:46 PM
very nice Kummock, I take out a camera and all I come home with is photos of feet.   CRG

That happens when your to busy looking at the beauty in front of you and forget to elevate the camera CRG!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on October 06, 2009, 07:23:29 PM

That happens when your to busy looking at the beauty in front of you and forget to elevate the camera CRG!  ;D

Actually I have a foot fetish. rofl

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 06, 2009, 08:01:09 PM
Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on October 06, 2009, 07:23:29 PM

Actually I have a foot fetish. rofl

ROFL here to.  :D
HawkeyeSmokes