Some Alaskan Photos

Started by dbrown1, October 06, 2009, 09:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I got one decent whale shot from our trip up there...   Crappy old Vivitar camera.

We spent a day doing this...   Rolling up/down the old mine roads, crossed a few streams/rivers.  Great time.

easyridinole

I love them pictures everybody.

Kummok I believe you have a picture of the Homer Spit in there from a distance. I think I was up on the same road and took a picture kind of like yours. I forget how far away it is and it brings back a lot of good memories!!  :)

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Kummok

That's taken from the street on which I live....I have to suffer through this view every day  :'( :'(

Squirt...your pic reminds me of the day I was dragging cannonballs through a dangerous rip point at slack, headed for a baitball when all of a sudden a whale breaches about 10 yards in front of me, having just scooped up a major mouthful of the same bait ball....he was so close that I could see the look in his eye as the baitfish was streaming out of his mouth, as if to say "Beat ya to 'em, buddy!!"  When he splashed back down into the water, I had saltwater and half eaten bait fish all over my boat. That moment is forever burned into the film of my mind...wish I coulda got a photo of it but if I'd have had a camera, I woulda likely just thrown it at the thieving leviathan in anger for ruining my pass and scaring the Kings, (who were also in competition for the bait ball!). Guess I was too angry and dumb founded to realize at the time that he coulda come down on top of my little 24' footer! :o

RossP

Here is one of te wife from our trip to Alaska two years ago. Yup she fly fishes.
We were on Monatna Creek that day with a guide. Had a great time.

Happy Wife, Happy Fish
Loved Alaska and we will be back.....
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Ka Honu

Both of them look to be "keepers," Ross.

ArnieM

That looks like a happy lady Ross.  And, I could swear, it looks like the fish is smiling too.  ;D ;D  Is that a salmon?  I couldn't tell.  Mine come as fillets.  ;)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Kummok on October 07, 2009, 02:28:48 PM
your pic reminds me of the day I was dragging cannonballs through a dangerous rip point at slack, headed for a baitball when all of a sudden a whale breaches about 10 yards in front of me, having just scooped up a major mouthful of the same bait ball...

I have no idea what you just said, but getting that close to a breaching whale would scare the cannonballs out of me..

RossP

Quote from: ArnieM on October 07, 2009, 05:11:24 PM
That looks like a happy lady Ross.  And, I could swear, it looks like the fish is smiling too.  ;D ;D  Is that a salmon?  I couldn't tell.  Mine come as fillets.  ;)

No not a salmon but a nice size Rainbow Trout.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

classicrockgriller

These are some photos of db's mom that I liked.

Caribou

Did an earlier post say that she was not a professional?  :o
Or did I dream that?
RossP,
Mrs. P rocks!  What a fish, I love to fish, too.
Woman who don't fish are missing out on a lot,
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Carolyn, I do remember db saying he has tried to get his mom to market her pics but she has chossen not to.
She does have them copy righted thou.

dbrown1

I think at some point she may plan to go that way but for now she just enjoys traveling around with my dad to all parts of Alaska to find things to take photos of.
IMO she has the ability to become professional just not sure that's what she wants at the moment.

Caribou

I think she could give Art Wolf a run for his money....she's that good!
Carolyn