Some local pictures?

Started by ArnieM, October 06, 2009, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossP

I love the Snow Birds. Dad was in the Canadian Air Force. I was raised on Air Force bases across Canada. Saw many air shows in my younger years. What alot of people do not know about the snow birds is that the support for the birds ride in the jets with the pilots form show to show. The jets are Tutor training jets. Dads last posting was Cold Lake Alberta were NATO does alot of its training. A great place to grow up as a kid.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

classicrockgriller

wow..........Thanks Mike for the pics and link.

Tiny Tim

Just to clarify...I meant no disrespect to the Canadian Air Force, or anybody else with my "Geese" comment, just a simple little joke since they were from Canada and flying in a "V".

And, Walley, those were some really cool pics...glad I wasn't aboard to take them.

classicrockgriller

The U S Air Force does an airshow every 4th at Pencacola Beach, Fl. (near Wildcat) and I got to see it twice. It is amazing

Gizmo

Mr. Walleye, very nice pictures of some great formations.  Didn't see the one you had posted but they did perform many.  We were at a parking structure 3 to 4 miles away just to watch the Snow Birds.  I heard that on the day before, on take off, the number one plane caught a bird and immediately turned around, landed, and came right back out in a backup plane.  Apparently not really missing a beat.  With nine planes they sure can make some great formations.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Quarlow

Tiny tim how dare you make fun of our national treasure such as the snowbirds. The's as bad as making jokes about Anne Murray the great canadian song bird. You should be asha.................yeah I am just kidding, no offence taken. Remember, we are canadians, we can take a joke. Just look at John Chretien.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Quarlow on October 12, 2009, 09:52:20 PM
Tiny tim how dare you make fun of our national treasure such as the snowbirds. The's as bad as making jokes about Anne Murray the great canadian song bird. You should be asha.................yeah I am just kidding, no offence taken. Remember, we are canadians, we can take a joke. Just look at John Chretien.

John who......lol

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Quarlow on October 12, 2009, 09:52:20 PM

I figured that there weren't any hard feelings, I've just been stickin' my foot in my mouth a bunch lately, and I want to make sure that people know that I'm just kidding around, hoping to get a laugh.  There's a fine line, and I have been known to stray over it on occasion...not on purpose.

classicrockgriller

Everyone know you are a good person Tiny. Top Notch !

Tiny Tim

Thanks for the reassurance. :)

Ka Honu

Quote from: Quarlow on October 12, 2009, 09:52:20 PM... we can take a joke. Just look at John Chretien.

What a segue for my favorite Canadian joke (which so few other Americans understand)...

So one summer when Jean Chretien was PM, he went to visit Flin Flon (a small "anglo" town in Manitoba).  As he debarked from the aircraft, he was met by a party of local dignitaries headed by the mayor of Flin Flon.

The mayor noted that the Prime Minister was wearing a fox hat, even though it was summer and the temperature was over 90(oF).  He said to Chretien, "Mr. Prime Minister, welcome to Flin Flon.  We're certainly honored to have you here but, if I may inquire, why is it that you chose to wear that very handsome fox hat in the middle of summer?"

Chretien replied (in his fairly heavy French accent), "My wife told me to wear it."

The mayor said, "Oh, really?"

Chretien said, "Oui.  I was packing last night and I asked Aline (my wife), 'What should I wear?'" 

She said (also in a heavy French accent), "Where are you going?"

I replied, "Flin Flon."

She said, "Where the fox 'at?"

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on October 12, 2009, 11:42:47 PM
Quote from: Quarlow on October 12, 2009, 09:52:20 PM... we can take a joke. Just look at John Chretien.

What a segue for my favorite Canadian joke (which so few other Americans understand)...

So one summer when Jean Chretien was PM, he went to visit Flin Flon (a small "anglo" town in Manitoba).  As he debarked from the aircraft, he was met by a party of local dignitaries headed by the mayor of Flin Flon.

The mayor noted that the Prime Minister was wearing a fox hat, even though it was summer and the temperature was over 90(oF).  He said to Chretien, "Mr. Prime Minister, welcome to Flin Flon.  We're certainly honored to have you here but, if I may inquire, why is it that you chose to wear that very handsome fox hat in the middle of summer?"

Chretien replied (in his fairly heavy French accent), "My wife told me to wear it."

The mayor said, "Oh, really?"

Chretien said, "Oui.  I was packing last night and I asked Aline (my wife), 'What should I wear?'"  

She said (also in a heavy French accent), "Where are you going?"

I replied, "Flin Flon."

She said, "Where the fox 'at?"

so Jean Chretien is forum member and he was PM in the summer, by Flin Flon, while wearing a fox for a hat and it was hot. The mayor regarded he had a fine looking fox, but looked stupid for puttin it on his head in the summer. OK...his wife told him to oui, so he oui ouied. Then he packed up and as he left she told him to fox off at the where.

see, we are pretty smart, I understood every word.

Ka Honu

CRG - The part most people don't understand is my pitiful attempt to replicate a French accent.

Wildcat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 12, 2009, 08:57:20 PM
The U S Air Force does an airshow every 4th at Pencacola Beach, Fl. (near Wildcat) and I got to see it twice. It is amazing
The Air Force Thunder Birds are a great bunch.

I personally favor the Navy's Blue Angels which are home based at Naval Air Station, Pensacola. I live about 20 to 30 miles from the base.

Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_ZB7jqxz8
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/ajc/swf/blueangels/blueangels.swf
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Wildcat on October 13, 2009, 06:33:47 AM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 12, 2009, 08:57:20 PM
The Air Force Thunder Birds are a great bunch.

I personally favor the Navy's Blue Angels which are home based at Naval Air Station, Pensacola. I live about 20 to 30 miles from the base.

Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_ZB7jqxz8
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/ajc/swf/blueangels/blueangels.swf

Sorry, it was the blueangels that I saw perform