Some local pictures?

Started by ArnieM, October 06, 2009, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

That's a nice spread OU.  How many acres?  It must take you a while to cut the grass  ;)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on October 08, 2009, 04:08:31 PM
That's a nice spread OU.  How many acres?  It must take you a while to cut the grass  ;)

The area in the picture is about 4 acres, the back yard alone is 1 acre. It takes me about 2 hr to mow everything. The area you dont see to the right is pasture and it's just over 10 acres.

squirtthecat

Quote from: OU812 on October 08, 2009, 04:16:48 PM
The area in the picture is about 4 acres, the back yard alone is 1 acre. It takes me about 2 hr to mow everything. The area you dont see to the right is pasture and it's just over 10 acres.

2??  With what, a batwing mower?   :D

OU812

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 08, 2009, 04:18:15 PM
Quote from: OU812 on October 08, 2009, 04:16:48 PM

2??  With what, a batwing mower?   :D

John Deere lawn tractor with a 62" deck, that thing will kick out grass clippings 10' to the side, it even has a cup holder and cruse control.  8)

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Caribou on October 07, 2009, 12:21:52 PM
Great pics Pens and WTS!
I don't know if I could cope with the funnel clouds, though.
I'd be scared!  We don't have that powerful weather here.
Thunderstorms, yes, but not super-cells like those.
Carolyn

So far I've only gotten to "concerned" with a funnel cloud, during my times out weather spotting for our Fire Department.  I was 2 miles west of town one evening (the same night as the Little Sioux (Iowa) Boy Scout Camp got hit), when I looked up into the sky just to the South of me and saw slight rotation in the clouds...I'm talkin' less than 100 yards South too.  My hand was on the radio to report it when it quit, as well as looking which way to go to get my butt outta there.  I do want to see one, some day, but not that close, and not one that causes damage, let alone personal injury to anybody.

Sorry to hijack...will find my camera and go lookin' for stuff to show the area around here.

Oldman

Great Images everyone, but this one caught my eye:

Our bats are smaller than this one... he is kool looking.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ArnieM

Quote from: Tiny Tim on October 08, 2009, 04:27:29 PM

So far I've only gotten to "concerned" with a funnel cloud, during my times out weather spotting for our Fire Department.  I was 2 miles west of town one evening (the same night as the Little Sioux (Iowa) Boy Scout Camp got hit), when I looked up into the sky just to the South of me and saw slight rotation in the clouds...I'm talkin' less than 100 yards South too.  My hand was on the radio to report it when it quit, as well as looking which way to go to get my butt outta there.  I do want to see one, some day, but not that close, and not one that causes damage, let alone personal injury to anybody.
Certainly, if I saw something like that forming up so close, I'd make like a shepard and get the flock outa there!

Sorry to hijack...will find my camera and go lookin' for stuff to show the area around here.
You're not hijacking.  We're just swapping pictures, telling stories and having some fun  ;D
-- Arnie

Huntnfreak

I know this question has been asked recently, but I can't remember which posting it was on.  How do I post pictures again? ??? ;D

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Olds:  bat size.  This is a less-cropped view to give a better idea of size.  The vertical siding board he's on is 6.5 inches wide so I'd say the bat was maybe 2 inches wide.  He just crawled out of that gap, probably about 1/4 to 3/8 inch.  My wife bought a bat house for them but they seem to prefer MY house  ;D

-- Arnie

Huntnfreak

KevinG

No problem, maybe some day I'll go through the task and get some of my pics up. ::)
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Caribou

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 07, 2009, 12:57:56 PM

Oh, Carolyn reminded me of one more to post...  My brother-in-law took this from outside his office, back in 2004.   Nobody was hurt, no residential damage occurred.

(click for larger version)

I'd say those 'walls of dirt' would freak me out, WTS..

Squirt,
My hubby wanted me to ask you if your brother-in-law's office was always in a cornfield or did it land there after the tornado went by?
:D :D
Carolyn

ArnieM

Good one Carolyn.  :D  And, yeah, that's a nasty looking funnel.
-- Arnie

squirtthecat

Quote from: Caribou on October 08, 2009, 05:44:26 PM
Squirt,
My hubby wanted me to ask you if your brother-in-law's office was always in a cornfield or did it land there after the tornado went by?
:D :D
Carolyn

Sort of both...    :D
He's an agronomist for the Feds.

I think he was standing in the back of someone's pickup truck to take that picture.