Some local pictures?

Started by ArnieM, October 06, 2009, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

The Alaskan pics from dbrown1 were magnificent and great photography from his mom.  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11865.0

So, I figured I'd put up a few of my 'local' pics.  Nothing really great, can't compete with Alaska or those quality photos.  Bur, I'd encourage you to put up some of your local pics of things found around your house.  Let's see where we all live.  OK, here's a few.

Bird seed ain't all that bad.

Family night out.

I'm cool, I'm cool.

Sorry, Canadian Geese don't belong here.

OK, where's the lettuce patch at?

You know, we all like pics here.  So, let's get some up, eh? (Canadian is OK).

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

HawkeyeSmokes

That bear sure has the deer in the headlights look!  :D Great pics Arnie. By the way, you should have included that little raccoon from a couple days ago, that was a good one.
HawkeyeSmokes

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

classicrockgriller

What is that purple animal?  great pics.   CRG

ArnieM

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 06, 2009, 06:04:45 PM
What is that purple animal?  great pics.   CRG
Actually, it's brown; my poor post processing.  It is known as a wood chuck, AKA groundhog.  I had a fenced garden at one point.  One dug under the fence and I h=found him rolling around in my snow pea patch; happy as a pig in a smoker.  ;)
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

If a wood chuck could chuck wood, how much wood would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

squirtthecat

Dang.  All I have is 'food pics'.   Will try to get some of the local environs..

ArnieM

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 06, 2009, 06:24:24 PM
If a wood chuck could chuck wood, how much wood would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

What's your time limit?
-- Arnie

FLBentRider

Smoked wood chuck ?

with, uh... messy wood ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: FLBentRider on October 06, 2009, 06:29:56 PM
Smoked wood chuck ?

with, uh... messy wood ?

I was thinking of smoking the raccoons. Fixed right, they are pretty close to pork. Hmm, pulled raccoon, a little good yellow sauce, sounds like good eats. Any kind of wood ya like should work.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Pellicle Pete

What kind of duck is the big white one?

Pellicle Pete

Do they catch and eat them? What is the best smoke flavor?

Caribou

Great pics Arnie!
That is one big sparrow at the feeder! :D
I was going to ask what the purple animal was, too.
Carolyn

I added a birdy pic from my front yard.
Check out the white one, we call him Mobie.
He's not albino just white like a domestic turkey but he is as wild as his bronze brothers.
We have watched him grow up from a little poult  :)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 06, 2009, 06:24:24 PM

A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood!! Is the correct answer Classic
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

nope,

A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could if a wood chuck could chuck wood