Some local pictures?

Started by ArnieM, October 06, 2009, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty

great idea Arnie! here are a few pics from the nation's capital - Ottawa, Canada

-monty

Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

classicrockgriller

Caribou

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 06, 2009, 08:09:20 PM
nice pics monty
Monty always takes great pics!
These are just beautiful just like your food pics Monty  :)
Carolyn

HawkeyeSmokes

Very nice Monty! Love to see pics of other peoples world. Thank you for sharing.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

ArnieM

Carolyn, your white turkey really blends in there.  Natural camouflage I guess.

Monty, nice pics.  Thanks for posting.

Here's a few mundane ones.

One of our resident bats.  They leave in the winter.

The pond down the street, where the swans and geese were (last winter).

The lineup.  Not exactly the hot seat but pretty warm anyway.  (Burmese)

Post your cornfields or whatever.  Way back when, maybe '72 or '73, I drove out on Route 66 heading to Lubbock Texas.  Yes, a lot of flat land and corn fields.  And, yes, I was in my blue '69 T-Top Corvette.  It was a great trip except for the sunburn.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Kummok

Great and beautiful pics...even the cats are beautiful....(wow!, I didn't even choke on that! Sorry Arnie...love the cats...gorgeous critters...as long as they're yours!  ;) ;) )  Love seeing pics from elsewhere...great idea, Arnie!!  Love the "ghost winged" honker and the tasty turkeys..anxious to see more

Hopefull Romantic

Beautifull pix guys. Thanks for sharing.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 06, 2009, 07:57:02 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 06, 2009, 06:24:24 PM
If a wood chuck could chuck wood, how much wood would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood!! Is the correct answer Classic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 06, 2009, 08:04:01 PM
nope,

A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could if a wood chuck could chuck wood

A Straight Dope Classic from Cecil's Storehouse of Human Knowledge
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
July 17, 1987
Dear Cecil:

This question has gnawed at me since I was a young boy. It is a question posed every day by countless thousands around the globe and yet I have never heard even one remotely legitimate answer. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

— R.F.B., Arlington, Virginia

Are you kidding? Everybody knows a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Next you'll be wanting to know why she sells seashells by the seashore.

ROTFLMAO

squirtthecat

Big ice storm back in December of '06..

One week prior, we were up in Chicago for Thanksgiving weekend..

Another Chicago pic, not sure from when..

Busch Stadium, St Louis, looking towards Illinois..

Serious Cardinal baseball fans..

Caribou

Wow Squirt!
Great pics!  Those ice storm pics are amazing.  The ice icicles recorded the wind direction at the time they were formed.
Arnie I love the pics BUT the bat scares me to death  :o
I'm not afraid of bugs or spiders, I'll pick up snakes even but bats freak me out for some reason.
It is a great pic even though it scares me  :D
Carolyn

pensrock

Great pictures everyone, well except for the groundhog/woodchuck, there should have been crosshairs on that one. I only live about 20 miles north from Punsxatawney, PA where for some dumb reason they worship groundhogs. Yea that was where groundhog day was thought to be started.

Here's a few picture from our area. I did not take the elk pictures, I think I got them from a friend who is really good at taking pictures. The elk range is about 25 miles NE of where I live and I go there several times a year to watch them. I'll be going up next week to hear them bugle and see how many I can see, plus the leaves should be turned pretty well, so I may get some pictures.

PA ELK

More Elk

Another

A great place to go trout fishing and to look for Bald Eagles

A couple pics from my back yard using a game cam

And finally a picture from my bird feeder, last winter, I think?

bigredsmoker

Great pics everyone. I am enjoying them very much, keep them coming. If I have a chance Iwill post some of my own.

westexasmoker

Good old West Texas...sure wish we had the beautiful scenery ya'll have!  We have of course walls of dirt!

Then thuderstorms and funnel clouds

Maybe a rainbow afterwards

But we do get gorgeous sunsets

And sometimes it even snows! 

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Ka Honu

That last photo would be a horse, right?  It seemed to fit the descriptions I've seen (a leg at each corner, dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle) but I though I'd double-check.

Caribou

Great pics Pens and WTS!
I don't know if I could cope with the funnel clouds, though.
I'd be scared!  We don't have that powerful weather here.
Thunderstorms, yes, but not super-cells like those.
Carolyn