Some local pictures?

Started by ArnieM, October 06, 2009, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

so Jean Chretien is forum member and he was PM in the summer, by Flin Flon, while wearing a fox for a hat and it was hot. The mayor regarded he had a fine looking fox, but looked stupid for puttin it on his head in the summer. OK...his wife told him to oui, so he oui ouied. Then he packed up and as he left she told him to fox off at the where.

see, we are pretty smart, I understood every word.

Holy carp CRG, now you got me wetting myself.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

ArnieM

I thought PM was Post Mortem?  Most of our politicians are on their way, one way or the other.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 10, 2009, 12:13:05 PM
One thing that I did learn on my trip .......I have a cousin that is a year or so older than me and thru the years we haven't stayed in touch like we should have.

He has always had a thing for Gumbo. He lives down in New Iberia, La. He told me he had to leave right after the funeral to get ready for the "National Gumbo Cook-Off" this weekend in New Iberia. Food Network is there for filming a show to be aired later. Last year he placed 3rd in the "Professional Division". New Iberia is also where they make Louisiana brand Hot Sauce. I have been in their plant and the hot sauce is fermented for 3 to 5 years and the vapors will make you eyes pop out of your head. Back to my couisin, He promised me he would take pics and e-mail to me and when and if he does I will post them. He said they are expecting over 100 teams this year.

UPDATE:  (Actually according to the New Iberia newspaper it was the "World Gumbo Cook-Off")
I haven't been able to reach my cousin but I did look up the results from the newspaper in New Iberia and.......He didn't place this year. Can't wait to hear his excuse, probably gonna blame it on our uncle's funeral. The guy from Food network came in 2nd in the professional division. I need to go to that thing next year.

While I was there I visited the old family cemetery and took these. Of course I never got to meet Great Grandfather or Grandfather. My Dad was second to the youngest of 11 kids. My Dad's oldest brother fought in WW1 and my Dad fought in WW2.

Great Grandfather Grave

Grandfathers Grave