Wings n Things

Started by jha1223, September 15, 2009, 08:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman of BBQ

I have found that if I put the wings on the lowest rack, closest to the heat element, and cook at 220-225 for 3 hours they come out very good.  Nice and crispy, but not too crispy.  I have had the same problem as j1223 when placing the wings on the top racks, very bad texture.
Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks you guys.

My son is having a party for his friends and he asked me to smoke some thing for them, so I decided to do wings (everybody loves wings right). While I have them marinating I came across this thread and now I know what I have to do to make my son proud; On the grill to crisp up after smoke.

Thanks Jha1223 for starting this tread.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Batman, It is a game of experimenting until you hit the right way for you. Good Call.

BigJohnT

I've been just leaving the wings in the smoker at 225°F for 3 hours until crisp for a normal load and up to 5 hours for a fully loaded smoker. I rotate the racks about every hour. My wife said she likes it better than on the grill.

John

classicrockgriller

I took some frozen pre-battered stuffed jalapeno's and smoke and crisped in the bradley and I won't fry or oven crisp them ever again. they were good.   CRG