Bradley Forum Christmas Gift Exchange......DID EVERONE GET THEIR GIFT?

Started by classicrockgriller, October 07, 2009, 12:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty

Quote from: OU812 on October 09, 2009, 06:28:26 AM
What if the exchange was set up with the people in there area, like the peps in the states ship to the states and UK to UK and Canada to Canada and so on.

this is a great idea. if we have enough Canadian members i'd be happy to sign up.
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

smokeitall

You could count me in. 

Concerning the privacy issues I don't think its a big deal, but for those that do maybe you could limit it to those who have over a certain post count (not newbies like the ones recently kicked off).  If you don't have a high enough post count well you can always participate next year.  Just my 2 cents.
SIA

Tenpoint5

CRG,
I would be willing to help and join. As an Idea of who gets who. Everyone can PM their info to one location. Like me for example. Then I would write down everyone that sent info and do a random drawing of those people that wished to participate and then pm the information of the Receiver to the Giver.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions.

Part of the magic of Christmas going up as a child was the anticipation of receiving and opening your gift.
Sometimes it was not what was inside the gift just the fun of opening it. I remember one year things were
tight and I got "one gift" for Christmas, but it was still a great Christmas.

When I thought about this I just thought of the fun of getting a bottle of Smokeitall's fav local rub, or a
bottle of Carolina Treet from nepas or speciality cheese from whomever.

I will check with the Post Office and check rates and how far they will ship under their new one price
shipments and post the results. That way maybe we can include the great guys from the North Country,
eh? If not then maybe a regional trading of gifts would be the answer.

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 09, 2009, 02:03:56 PM
CRG,
I would be willing to help and join. As an Idea of who gets who. Everyone can PM their info to one location. Like me for example. Then I would write down everyone that sent info and do a random drawing of those people that wished to participate and then pm the information of the Receiver to the Giver.

Thanks Tenpoint5, I was hoping for a God sent person to be in charge and you are the perfect person.

We can kinda finalize everything and you can post the end results and then I think a new post after gifts start arriving and a way for everone to share and thank the one that sent the gift.

If we discuss it enough, we won't have to say when we do this next year we need to change this or that.

Keep your thoughts flowing.

smokeitall

Ok 10.5 looks like you are putting the list together.  Mark my name down first, you already have my address.  This should be fun.
SIA

Tenpoint5

better send it again Smoke. Momma cleaned my office I cant find anything.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Since I opened my mouth and got nominated.

PM your Shipping info to me for the drawing if you wish to participate

ArnieM

We had a tough year when the kids were little.  I used to go to the bank's drive up to cash my check.  We told the kids that there's not much money for Christmas that year.  One of them said, "Well just go to the bank and get more."  If only it was so easy (sigh)  ;)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

smokeitall

I think there's going to be a lot of tough Christmas's this year for a lot of people  :(
SIA

Hopefull Romantic

10.5 and CRG,

I think this is a wonderful idea and I would love to be counted in. I know I live in Jordan but with the wonders of technology, I think I still can make it. I can have my donation processed through ebay or an other online seller for that matter.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

HR, this is not a donations but an actual exchange of gifts between forum members. You are right, you can access the internet and ship right from where you buy.
We still have some talkin to do about it.

Hopefull Romantic

However you want to call it, I would still like to be counted in..

HR

classicrockgriller

Hopefull Romantic

I have just read a thread where olds said he hates PMs and if any one has some thing to say to him he / she should say it in publc. So 10.5 count me in on the Bradley forum Christmas Gift Exchange.

HR