Anyone using a Black n Decker foodsaver?

Started by johnintx1, February 28, 2005, 12:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnintx1

Anyone have a good link and/or experience with a food saver or the like? I found a black n decker at walmart today,nice unit ,(I think)for 59.00 with a 18 ft roll included. anyone have a better deal on a better unit? Most other units i have looked at are much more in $$. thanks in advance,john

Just do it! Smoke on!!

Kummok

John:
Foodsavers suck...REALLY! [;)][:D][;)]

I Got mine at Costco with a few extra boxes of rolls and bags included. I don't recall what I paid but it seemed reasonable 3 years ago. It has performed flawlessly under pretty heavy usage. Check out the Foodsaver web specials at http://www.foodsaver.com/  I also see some almost unused Foodsavers with "extras" at garage sales and Salvation Army type stores, and on eBay, if you're not the "New Stuff Only" type.....

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

ChefBill

I use my FoodSaver all the time. I wish I could buy the bag rolls in 100 foot long with price break. I'd use it even more. I always use it to freeze meat in, due to lack of freezer burn.
I froze some pulled pork for 3 months in one and then thawed it out. I put the bag in a pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes and opened & served it. Tasted as good as the day it was smoked.. [:p] Bill

If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

gotbbq

I've had my foodsaver for 4 years. It does suck[:D] It is a great little machine.  Like all kitchen appliances, if you don't leave it out, you don't use it on a regular basis.

gotbbq

psdubl07

I have a Foodsaver also.  I use it a lot more now that I have the Bradley, especially for Smoked Salmon.  I really like it, but my only issue is what ChefBill mentioned, that they certainly make $$$ off the bags.  It would be nice if there was a larger roll you could buy at a discount.

Anyone have any ideas of what else you could use for a bag?

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gotbbq</i>
<br />.....Like all kitchen appliances, if you don't leave it out, you don't use it on a regular basis.
gotbbq
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wish my "APPLIANCE FREE COUNTER ZONE" wife thought like that!! I'm thinkin of building a totally separate kitchen so I can have ALL my toys out on the counter for IMMEDIATE use!! [;)][:D][:D]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

St. Helens Smoker

Love that Foood Saver, one of my favorite gadgets, and boy do I love gadgets....to my wife's dismay, but once she's eating the grub those gadgets can provide, most of the grumbling fades..at least for the duration of the meal[;)]

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
[brI'm thinkin of building a totally separate kitchen so I can have ALL my toys out on the counter for IMMEDIATE use!! [;)][:D][:D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Gee, there might be space in the soon-to-be-evacuated space under your current kitchen, huh?[;)]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm thinkin of building a totally separate kitchen so I can have ALL my toys out on the counter for IMMEDIATE use!! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When I done with this house that is just want I'm going to do in my garage. My mixer is here, my grinder is there... I'm tired of not having everything out and easy to get to.

My smoker, two radiant gas grills, grinder, slicer, mixer, suffer, sealer, are all going to be out in the open. Plus a wash sink and a prep area. I may even add a small apartment size gas stove/ oven and a small deep fat frier.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kummok

Olds:
Yer pretty close to being ready for a reality show on the Food Network!! You GO!![:D][:p][;)]

Chez:
She's having me turn that vacant space into MORE guestrooms, a BIG bath, and SMALL kitchenette/day room for guests.  Hmmmm......MAYBE concealed behind a wall in the back 1/4 of the new private museum....she'd never know I secretly had APPLIANCES OUT ON THE COUNTER...LOTS of them[:0]?!?!?!?[:D][;)][:D]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

johnintx1

Here is a really affordable vacume sealer at your local walmart ,very nice looking, uses all food saver bags as well as its own rolls from black n decker. only $69.99.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2299660

Just do it! Smoke on!!