Looks great Linda.

Reel 'er in boys, we've hooked another one! :D :D

KyNola

deb415611

Linda,

Awesome looking first smoke!!!!

Deb

ArnieM

Linda, it looks really good.  I hope your Grandpa gets one.  But, you have been warned, it's addictive!

As for bricks, I'd probably fit in as many as I could.  You're on your way to a brick oven here.  I only have two and find they help a lot - especially if you're a "peeker".  I'm going to get a couple more and I only have a four rack.

Get the rib roast on.  I did this one last weekend http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11960.0

We're still eating it.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

LindaCC

That looks amazing Arnie. I might have to get one of those handy looking slicers now.

Thank you everyone for all your help.

Gizmo

Darn, that is what I get for logging in late.  Had I gotten on sooner I could have driven up for a sample.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Quarlow

Sweeeet. That chicken is one of the best of the best i'd say. Good on you Linda. And Arnie that was not even nice to put that link on here. Now I am going to have to change the menu for the weekend.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hopefull Romantic

Man with the time difference (I am 7 hours ahead of EST) I missed out on all the fun.

Glad every thing went well for you Linda. Keep them pictures coming.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

Now thats some good looking Cordon Blue.

Any pictures of it sliced?

Watch out this kind of smoking is very additive

LindaCC

Thanks again everyone.... HR, just so you know, it was like you were here with us because I was reading alot of your posts while smoking. I learned a lot more. Thanks for all your input here.

I just thought I would report that I smoked with:
2Misquite/1pecan/2Hickory. The flavor was outstanding.
Cooked for 21/2+ hrs. IT/165 perrrrrrfect!
Now, what's the best way to warm these guys up???
One thing I did discover: do not use colored toothpicks... we do have a few blue, pink, green veins throughout.
Kinda pretty, and didn't do anything to flavor...but not what I would want for company.

Here's for you OU812

I think Grampa (actually my Dad, we just refer to him that way because of the kids) will be among us soon here. He used to do this same thing in an old frig. while I was growing up, and used to own a BBQ restaurant in the NW. He is now very intrigued with my little new hobby and loved the CCB. If he joins us he will likely be known as Jimbo....

OU812

Thanks Linda that looks delish you will make Jimbo proud with your little new hobby, I'm sure he is allready proud of your accomplishments in life.

classicrockgriller

I sure Jimbo would have a lot of fun here on the forum and we can pick his knowledge for some hidden recipes.

HawkeyeSmokes

Congrats on your first smoke Linda. Looks awesome and good luck with your prime rib roast.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Tenpoint5

Geez now we have another Lady that we have to be nice to cause she will show us up if we don't. Congrats on a job well done Linda. Tell Grandpa to hurry up, The smoke is still rolling.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!