Shot GUN Smoked Cheese...ALMOST

Started by Hopefull Romantic, October 11, 2009, 12:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

My wife had two of her sisters, two sisters in law and four girlfriends for a small tea party and they had the last of smoked cheese while I was watching Casa Blanca for the ten thousandth time. Before I knew it, all nine of them were towering over me and demanding that I have some smoked for another get together they will be having on the 25Th. With all nine of them insisting and nudging me to get up, I had to go to the store and buy some and smoke it tonight. It was almost 9:30 PM when I left to the store and caught them right before they were ready to close.

So here it it from top to bottom: Swiss Gruyere, Chevre on the left and Pepper Jack on the right.

Mild Cheddar, white Cheddar and Swiss

Egyptian Roumy Cheese and Syrian White Cheese

All went into the Bradley for two hours of hickory. Ambient temp was 65 will post results.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KyNola

Holy crap HR, you were lucky to escape with your life. :D

You keep coming up with so many different cheeses that I have never heard of before.  Will be interested to see how the unfamiliar cheeses take to the smoke.

KyNola

Caribou

HR!!
Wow what a variety of cheese!
I wonder what kind of fondue smoked Swiss gruyere would make?  Not that I have ever made fondue myself  :D
I opened my first smoked cheese today, I let it go 16 days vacuumed seal and it tastes wonderful!  I'm hooked  :D
I want to make a cream of broccoli soup using the smoked cheddar.
Carolyn

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KyNola on October 11, 2009, 12:30:23 PM
Holy crap HR, you were lucky to escape with your life. :D

Will be interested to see how the unfamiliar cheeses take to the smoke.

KyNola

What is more interesting Ky is how unfamilar ladies took to the smoked cheese. One of my wife's friend, who never had Bradley smoked cheese before, came to me and had me swear that I was the one who smoked them cheeses they had and that they were not bought in a store.

HR

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Caribou on October 11, 2009, 12:32:18 PM
HR!!
Wow what a variety of cheese!
I wonder what kind of fondue smoked Swiss gruyere would make?  Not that I have ever made fondue myself  :D
I opened my first smoked cheese today, I let it go 16 days vacuumed seal and it tastes wonderful!  I'm hooked  :D
I want to make a cream of broccoli soup using the smoked cheddar.
Carolyn

Carolyn, you are a woman after my own heart. I was just discussing a smoked cheese fondue with a friend of mine whose wife was present tonight. As for the cream of broccoli with smoked cheese.... now that is even a better idea.

HR

Ka Honu

Quote from: Caribou on October 11, 2009, 12:32:18 PMI opened my first smoked cheese today, I let it go 16 days vacuumed seal and it tastes wonderful!

Ahh, the anticipatory whining has finally been replaced by sighs of gratification and satisfaction!  Congratulations!

classicrockgriller

Off the Hook HR   MR BRADLEY of Jordan

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 11, 2009, 12:43:58 PM
Off the Hook HR   MR BRADLEY of Jordan

This time CRG. I just for that to be a habit for them. They get together twice a month.

HR

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 11, 2009, 12:49:47 PM
I just for that to be a habit for them. They get together twice a month.
HR

I see you have already figured it out Hady. You are going to be smoking a lot of cheese this winter. Some will be consumed at the Bi monthly meetings and the rest will be consumed elsewhere. As them ladies will be talking and wanting some to take home every time they come over.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

So 10.5 you think I should start preparing a price list. ::) ;D ;D ;D

HR

KyNola

Let's see now. 9 women.  You know better than to make a price list cause they don't intend to buy it but they do intend to have a lot of it.  You had better get to smoking HR.  ;)

KyNola

Caribou

Quote from: Ka Honu on October 11, 2009, 12:43:17 PM
Quote from: Caribou on October 11, 2009, 12:32:18 PMI opened my first smoked cheese today, I let it go 16 days vacuumed seal and it tastes wonderful!

Ahh, the anticipatory whining has finally been replaced by sighs of gratification and satisfaction!  Congratulations!
Well, at least now I have smoked cheese to go with my whine  :D
I can't believe you didn't capitalize on that one Ka Honu  ;)
Carolyn

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KyNola on October 11, 2009, 01:24:31 PM
Let's see now. 9 women.  You know better than to make a price list cause they don't intend to buy it but they do intend to have a lot of it.  You had better get to smoking HR.  ;)

KyNola

Well Ky it was a desperate attempt of capitalism.

I am sitting alone (all are asleep) sipping JD (the drink and not the new member) and waiting for the smoke to be over. It is 11:36 pm here.

HR

pensrock

HR, makes you feel good to know others are so pleased with the results. I know the very first time I smoked cheese, many years ago, it was an instant hit. So much that one year I did over 120 pounds of cheese in four months.

Carolyn and HR, This may sound so simple but believe me its really good. Smoke some good american cheese (or your favorite cheese for grilled cheese) and make grilled cheese sammies out of it. Its the best grilled cheese you have ever had.

squirtthecat

Looking good, HR!

9 on 1.  That's hardly a fair fight..   :D

Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.

This thread reminds me that I have to go label my cheeses before I forget which was which... (the swiss is obvious, the other 2 are almost identical)