Shot GUN Smoked Cheese...ALMOST

Started by Hopefull Romantic, October 11, 2009, 12:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 11, 2009, 02:14:20 PM

Looking good, HR!

9 on 1.  That's hardly a fair fight..   :D

Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.

This thread reminds me that I have to go label my cheeses before I forget which was which... (the swiss is obvious, the other 2 are almost identical)

It is hardly a fair fight but man I sure love the odds.

Squirt I love your quote from Louis, my favorite corrupt policeman.

HR

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Hopefull Romantic

Here is the final product all vaccumed up and sealed ready for the long wait.

HR

Ka Honu

Quote from: Caribou on October 11, 2009, 01:28:42 PMWell, at least now I have smoked cheese to go with my whine  :D
I can't believe you didn't capitalize on that one Ka Honu

Sometimes the implication need not be stated outright.  This seemed to be one of those times.

NePaSmoKer

Looks great HR

Hey with all them women you could get cheesy  :D  :D

nepas

smokeitall

Very Nice HR...looks awesome.  And yeah I haven't heard of half of those cheeses.  Let us know how there turn out when there done resting.
SIA

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gizmo

I didn't smoke any cheese today but do have some "Smokin Cheese" cake. After the pastrami and home made chex mix came out of the smoker today, I created a strawberry habanero cheese cake.  Took the wife up to Temecula Wine country and a little 4 wheeling through the vinyards for her birthday and found a great Merlot Rose that goes great with strawberries and also great with pepperjack cheese.  Figure a strawberry habanero cheese cake should be great.  Don't know what it will taste like yet since I just invented it for this particular wine.  Hope it turns out great.  I want to take some to the winery and the girl at the winery that gave us the back room tour (vats, mashing and bottling) and gave us the private wine paring and tasting. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Hopefull Romantic

GIzmo, I would be very interested in the outcome of your cheese cake. My wife is addicted to that.

HR

Gizmo

We will be slicing it up tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.  Pureed some fresh strawberries for the flavor and used the habanero lime cheese cake recipe from there on out except for the lime.  The habaneros were fresh off a plant and even though they were fire roasted, de-seeded and de-viened, there was still quite a bit of heat in the puree.  My biggest concern is the amount of strawberry puree I used.  I was afraid it would thin out the cream cheese too much and not set up but it looks like it may have jelled up.

Hopefull Romantic

Gizmo, do you use gelatin in you cake recipe? I use 4 tspoons of beef gelatin disolved in 4 Tspnoons of hot water.

HR

Gizmo

No, I have never used it in any of the cheese cakes I have made but then I haven't made very many other than the habanero lime cheese cake.  Did a white chocolate, macadamia nut crust, with a caramel drizzle many years ago.  It started out as a joke email from one of the guys at work to another coworker that would make cakes on our birthdays.  She showed me the email with the ingredients and I said, I could probably figure out how to do that.  It was the best looking cheese cake I ever made and the taste matched it as well.

Caribou

Looks great HR!
Now for the wait  :)

Carolyn

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Caribou on October 12, 2009, 05:21:47 AM
Looks great HR!

Carolyn

YOu know what Carolyn, I am not too much concerened with the wait this time because I am not getting any of the cheese  smoked last night  :'( :'(. One of the women that "attacked" me last night will be passing by tonight to pick them all up. The next get together is going to be at her house.

I tried to cut a piece out of a couple this afternoon to save it for myself, but my wife warned me that they were all counted and MEASURED. Oh well.

HR

Caribou

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 12, 2009, 05:37:35 AM
Quote from: Caribou on October 12, 2009, 05:21:47 AM
Looks great HR!

Carolyn

YOu know what Carolyn, I am not too much concerened with the wait this time because I am not getting any of the cheese  smoked last night  :'( :'(. One of the women that "attacked" me last night will be passing by tonight to pick them all up. The next get together is going to be at her house.

I tried to cut a piece out of a couple this afternoon to save it for myself, but my wife warned me that they were all counted and MEASURED. Oh well.

HR
:'( :'( :'(
I'm crying right along with you on that one  :D
All the more reason to smoke some more though  ;)
Carolyn

Ka Honu

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 12, 2009, 05:37:35 AMI tried to cut a piece out of a couple this afternoon to save it for myself, but my wife warned me that they were all counted and MEASURED.

HR - Your time, expertise, and expense are going unrewarded.  This is not the time to remain "hopeful." Don't be a victim; seek justice!