Maverick ET-73 Mod

Started by JDNC, October 12, 2009, 03:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeitall

I think the members on the other side of the pond could see your IT with that  ;D
SIA

squirtthecat

Quote from: smokeitall on October 12, 2009, 06:40:11 PM
I think the members on the other side of the pond could see your IT with that  ;D
SIA

I was aiming for Mars..  ;)

Phone Guy

After seeing this Mod I decided to do it. I could never get a reading more than 30 feet or so from the smoker. I wasn't able to sit on the couch a view the temps. I had to set the receiver on the table near the back door and go check from time to time. The alarms are great but sometimes you just need to know where everything stands temp wise.
Thanks to those who posted the pics. They made this a no brainer. I was able to make the Mod (even though my eyes are old) with little trouble. I tested the range by having my Wife hold one of the Temp probes as I walked into the house, sat on the couch, walked out the front door and out to the Truck and into the road. I never lost connection. I am all set now. I just got my PID from Auber Instruments and have about 15 pounds of pork thawing in the fridge. I am looking forward to Pulled Pork.
I think I'll put it in Friday night.

classicrockgriller

PG, hope you have a great pulled pork day and take some pics.

Habanero Smoker

The photos for the modification were taken by LilSmoker and the write up is also credited to him. Here is a link to the recipe site.

Maverick ET-73 Range Modification

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Phone Guy

LilSmoker

Hi guys, i actually used my modded ET 73 a few weeks ago, first time in ages, and it's still working fine, updates properly just as when i first did the mod.

Still can't buy the ET 73 on this side of the pond though  :(

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Hi LilSmoker;

I hope everything is going well. Good to see a post from you.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)