YAY My New Parts

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 12, 2009, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

The last batch of sticks i did i was so in a rush that i stripped a tooth of the crank gear of my stuffer. Called PS Sesonings they said my stuffer is under warranty and there are new gears on the way. YAY so happy.

nepas

pensrock

Rick, those look like metal gears? Are they? Mine are white nylon/plastic.

smokeitall

Hey Rick,  I think you have a grizzly, is that right?  I plan on purchasing these when my grizzly plastic gears give up.  They are from an LEM 5lb vertical.  I am not sure they will fit yet but I am willing to bet they will.  Anybody try this yet?

http://www.lemproducts.com/product/1470/Vertical_Stuffer_Parts

SIA

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on October 12, 2009, 10:40:40 AM
Rick, those look like metal gears? Are they? Mine are white nylon/plastic.

Greg

They almost look and feel like some sort of composite.

Hey Rick,  I think you have a grizzly, is that right?  I plan on purchasing these when my grizzly plastic gears give up.  They are from an LEM 5lb vertical.  I am not sure they will fit yet but I am willing to bet they will.  Anybody try this yet?

http://www.lemproducts.com/product/1470/Vertical_Stuffer_Parts

SIA

Scott i think those will fit. I have a PS Seasoning 5lb stuffer but they are all the same just about. I had to unbolt the side braces from the bottom and then crank the shaft up. The middle gear has a metal threaded insert and the 2 gears just came right out.  The metal gears from LEM should fit but they look like they are plated? I wouldnt want the plating to come off from the gears and into the meat?  Maybe i am just looking at em wrong  :D

nepas

smokeitall

I thought they were stainless steel gears but since you brought it up and I looked closer I'm not so sure....hmmmm
SIA

Caribou

Nepas,
I have the LEM and the gears are plated.
I keep a ton of that food grade lube you told me to get on them and nothing has fallen off...yet.
Wouldn't just land on top of the piston thingie anyways?
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Caribou on October 12, 2009, 11:38:31 AM
Nepas,
I have the LEM and the gears are plated.
I keep a ton of that food grade lube you told me to get on them and nothing has fallen off...yet.
Wouldn't just land on top of the piston thingie anyways?
Carolyn

Yeah it would but small fragments.

nepas

Piker

Hi everyone I have been gone since may where there was no internet,t.v. so have been out of touch. I just ordered new plastic gears for my northern tool stuffer and they are only $7.50 but the shipping is $22.00. So can any tell me for sure that the L.E.M. metal gears will work on my stuffer. They look identical and almost as if they come from the same manufacturer just using different brand names. Thks Piker

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smokeitall on October 12, 2009, 11:36:15 AM
I thought they were stainless steel gears but since you brought it up and I looked closer I'm not so sure....hmmmm
SIA

Scott
Since I have put as much as I have through my Grizzly stuffer. I had to call to to find out. The kind folks at LEM said they did not know if these replacement gears would work on the Grizzly but they have a 30 day return policy.

The gears pictured are Zinc coated cast gears. If the zinc coating is like it is on my grinder. I don't think we would have to worry about pieces chipping off.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smokeitall

Thanks Chris, I think I'm going to order them when my gears start to go, which may not be too far off as I have big plans for this deer season.  Well I guess I had the same plan last year also before bustin my ankle out in the woods  :(  That was sure an expensive deer season.
SIA

NePaSmoKer

Got it all put back together. Looks like they will hold up better than the poly gears. Next time the metal or just have my kid spend some of his cash and get pops an electric motor stuffer  ;D

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 13, 2009, 05:36:16 PM
Got it all put back together. Looks like they will hold up better than the poly gears. Next time the metal or just have my kid spend some of his cash and get pops an electric motor stuffer  ;D

nepas

I'm liking plan B
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

carnie1

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 13, 2009, 05:36:16 PM

nepas

Funny you should mention that, I was looking at those new casings on the big C site and all the vertical stuffers are on sale

drano

Yea, go ahead and get an electric suffer!
I got the motor last winter for my Cablelas 11 lb.  Sure is nice for snack sticks.  And on brats I just stuff the whole casing then cut to length (collagen casings).   Much easier than twisting after each link as it comes off the tube--but doesn't look quite as nice.  Taste buds don't seem to mind though . . .

get smokin
drano

NePaSmoKer

Well i will let everyone know if the metal gears fit because i stripped 4 teeth off the new set doing the landjaeger today. I had like 1/4lb left to stuff.

nepas