YAY My New Parts

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 12, 2009, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 19, 2009, 01:27:45 PM
Well i will let everyone know if the metal gears fit because i stripped 4 teeth off the new set doing the landjaeger today. I had like 1/4lb left to stuff.

nepas

I would send them back with a nastygram telling them that they stripped out the first time you used them. Maybe get your money back, or a new set
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 20, 2009, 06:35:47 AM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 19, 2009, 01:27:45 PM
Well i will let everyone know if the metal gears fit because i stripped 4 teeth off the new set doing the landjaeger today. I had like 1/4lb left to stuff.

nepas

I would send them back with a nastygram telling them that they stripped out the first time you used them. Maybe get your money back, or a new set

I talked to them yesterday. They were a free set being still under warranty. They told me this set is free also but if it happens again they will charge me $39, heck for that price i will get the metal ones.

nepas

Roadking

Nepas are they like a plastic material or metal, if they're like a plastic black material I think they're made of karbonite. Karbonite is stronger then the nylon ones but weaker then the metal ones. The stuffers with metal gears made in China are cast.

NePaSmoKer

Yeah they are black and i already stripped 3 teeth of em.

nepas

Roadking

They're not karbonite they're poly-carbon did some research on them. You have to baby them. I would start looking for metal because you put them stuffers through hell.

NePaSmoKer

My son said when he gets home for some RnR from Iraq on the 1st he will go to Cabelas and get pops a motorized stuffer  ;D

Gues i will have a 5lb stuffer for sale CHEAP   :D  :D

nepas

HawkeyeSmokes

Good for you nepas. If anyone needs/deserves one, you sure do! Bet you can't wait to try it out.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Roadking

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 21, 2009, 06:46:21 PM
My son said when he gets home for some RnR from Iraq on the 1st he will go to Cabelas and get pops a motorized stuffer  ;D

Gues i will have a 5lb stuffer for sale CHEAP   :D  :D

nepas
I'm waiting for mine to come in, any day now. I'm keeping the 5 lb. one though just for small batches or in case something goes wrong with the 20 lb. electric.

Yooper Jim

Tenpoint5
Have a 5# grizzley and like it, but would like to get spare metal gears.  Did the LEM gears fit?
Thanks
Jim

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Yooper Jim on December 04, 2009, 09:02:33 PM
Tenpoint5
Have a 5# grizzley and like it, but would like to get spare metal gears.  Did the LEM gears fit?
Thanks
Jim

Jim,
I am still running the same plastic gears that came with mine. Nepas got the new gears. I haven't heard any complaints on the second set as of yet but I'm sue he will be along to answer.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Yooper Jim on December 04, 2009, 09:02:33 PM
Tenpoint5
Thanks
Jim

Jim

Yes the LEM gears will fit.

nepas

Yooper Jim

Thanks for the response.  I did a search, but never really found the answer.  Would hate to be sitting there with 15# of meat and broken gears.