Oh More Salmon

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 13, 2009, 04:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

So my friend calls me and says HEY i will be at your house in about 2 hrs with a few pounds of salmon.

A FEW POUNDS  :D  Ok how do ya want it. He says NO its yours     AAAAAAHHHHHH

Guess i'm going to do Dbrowns brine again.

nepas

smokeitall

Real nice score there Rick....I would like to try some salmon soon, I'm going to have to shop around.
SIA

FLBentRider

We're gonna start calling you freepas!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

RossP

Nice score Rick, and to think I went out yesterday fishing on a local river
I landed 5 chum Salmon all that I let go because they were a little colored up for
my liking. I will try and get some pictures next time I go out ;D which will be next
Monday, or as I call it Fishingday.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

Hey RossP, I was doing a lttle fishing with my buddy from work on monday too. Out of 20 landed we only kept 3 for the smoker. They were a little colored but still in pretty good shape. At first I wasn't to sure till I cleaned one and they were fine but I was very fussy. We were hoping for some Coho's but no luck.
This is my buddy into one of many

This is me

This is the Stave river dam that forms Stave(stump) lake.

And this is the gong show down river from where we were. These guys were elbow to elbow. And taking each others spots when one guy would land a fish another guy would try to take his spot. Then they would shout and argue. This was not my idea of fishing.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

RossP

Hey Quarlow, I saw the gong show and went down stream from it. The water was not as nice but less congested. Next Monday I am going to the Vedder. Another gong show but if you are wiling to walk a little you can get to soe nice spots without too many beaks.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KyNola

I can see you have sewn your lips together out of the respect you have for NePaS so allow me, NePaS YOU SO SUCK FOR THE THIRD TIME!!!!! :D :D :D  MORE free stuff?

Great score Rick.  Looks like you're gonna have plenty of salmon for a couple of days anyhow.  Knowing you though your neighbors are going to be enjoying some smoked salmon as well.

Nice going buddy!

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on October 14, 2009, 06:56:20 AM
I can see you have sewn your lips together out of the respect you have for NePaS so allow me, NePaS YOU SO SUCK FOR THE THIRD TIME!!!!! :D :D :D  MORE free stuff?

Great score Rick.  Looks like you're gonna have plenty of salmon for a couple of days anyhow.  Knowing you though your neighbors are going to be enjoying some smoked salmon as well.

Nice going buddy!

KyNola

Gosh thanks Larry  :D  :D  Yeah i will be having all 3 going, Big smoker, Bradley and Lil'Tex doing the salmon.

HAHA I hope 10.5 pulls my name, That would be a HOOT  ;D

nepas   ERRRR AHHH THAT WOULD BE FREEPAS

OU812

Nice score you got dropped in your lap, again.  :D

Q that last picture dont look like much fun to me.

Quarlow

Hey RossP, I didn't know you were local, Yeah it was not to bad where we were, But my buddy had to tune up this young fella that kept jumping him. Well OU like I said "this is not my idea of fishing". I long for the days on the cattle ranch in the boonies, southwest of Prince George. We were 50 miles out and the game walked threw our yard and a pretty darn good trout stream flow on the other side of the field outback. All alone on the stream just me my dog and a fly rod. Now that my friends is fishing, of course I don't have to tell you folks that. One time I said to the wife I was going to get a moose and that I would be back in ten minutes. So I grabbed my gun went out the door walked around the corner of the house and shot a moose. Of course I had seen it walk past and she didn't but that's besides the point.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Quarlow

Oh did I mention that I like to spin tall tails too. LOL

OBS
BBQ

RossP

Hey Quarlow we should get together for some fishing or a brew one day. ;D
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Caribou

Great bunch of salmon there Freepas!  :D
You make such good use of what is given to you, I believe that's why more keeps coming your way.
Love the fishing pics Quarlow!
Carolyn